• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4, MINI Cooper S
Country flag
My Macan 4 was delivered last week. It turned out to be standing on 21” Bridgestones. Clearly not my preference, because I always drove with Michelins on my BMW’s and also on my Taycan and previous Macan. In another thread I already wrote that the dealer wanted to change tires, but that would cost € 2,400. Moreover, I could nót return the (new) Bridgestones.

In my opinion this does not suit Porsche. You can tick everything, but you are at the mercy of Porsche when it comes to tire choice. While tires are crucial for driving pleasure. A lottery or roulette, which one you get. The choices are Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear, Michelin or Pirelli. All with the indication N, but far from the same quality.

The tyre labels on the configurator is mandatory so Porsche has to show these differences. I looked them up and saw them confirmed by several tire tests for SUV summer tyres.

The table shows consecutively for 21” rims 255/45 - 295/40: front dry - rear dry | front wet - rear wet | dB front - dB rear
BridgestoneCBCB7173
ContinentalBACB7375
GoodyearBABA7072
MichelinBBBB7472
PirelliCBCB7172

Conclusion: Goodyear is the best choice. Bridgestone and Pirelli are the worst.

I can confirm that my Bridgestones are stiffer than I was used to from the Michelins. Tests show that the Bridgestones have a higher rolling resistance. I think this is the cause of it. Perhaps I have no other choice than to change them for Goodyears. The lottery turned out wrong for me…

That asks for a poll?

Last edited:

ericf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Is there any difference in how the tires protect the rims from getting curbed?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Michelins here and they are my choice if I had to.
But I never had the “pleasure” to chose tyres brand with all my previous cars.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
Having had some pretty hot cars and motorcycles over the years I can safely say I aways swapped out Bridgestones for Michelins after wearing in the Bridgestones during car breakin and then thrashing them throughly once breakin was over. For me it has always been the transition at high g forces, Bridgestones seem to have a smaller warning zone when loosing grip.