• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Under Door Puddle Lights

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Newbie question please if one does not choose this option, are they any basic lights that shine down on the pavement when one uses the key fob to proximity unlock the car, or whether without the option there is total darkness until one opens the door itself, e..g, a safety question of whether there is no pavement lighting at all unless the “Porsche” puddle lighting option is chosen? TU

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
As far as I know, zero light unless you have the puddle - or open the door.

Using the key fob to unlock the car should trigger the hazard lights if like on the Taycan (and most cars).

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Assuming I understand your question correctly and that the lighting features in the Macan E are similar to the ICE Macan, the "Porsche" puddle lighting element is located in the underside of the door so there is no light unless the door is open anyway. Once the door is open there is a marker light in the door for warning approaching drivers and it provides plenty of light to see the ground. IMO, the "Porsche" light is an unnecessary gimmick.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Assuming I understand your question correctly and that the lighting features in the Macan E are similar to the ICE Macan, the "Porsche" puddle lighting element is located in the underside of the door so there is no light unless the door is open anyway. Once the door is open there is a marker light in the door for warning approaching drivers and it provides plenty of light to see the ground. IMO, the "Porsche" light is an unnecessary gimmick.
Interesting. In some other cars (like the Mach-e for instance), the puddle light turns on when you unlock the car with the fob - as well as when you open the door.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
On my Taycan the side view mirror lights on the ground at night, but no word about it in the Macan configurator. It is described in the Taycan configurator, so I guess we will not have light at night 🥵

OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Will double check that out the end of September at the dealership customer introduction day — and post back here.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Interesting. In some other cars (like the Mach-e for instance), the puddle light turns on when you unlock the car with the fob - as well as when you open the door.
To clarify my earlier post, there is a light in the side view mirror housing of the base Macan that I have as a loaner. However, I'm fairly certain the optional "Porsche" illumination is not visible unless you open the door. If you look at the description in the configurator, the Porsche version is described as an "Under Door" light and is actually in the door itself, so I don't think there is any way for the light to project unless the door is open. I suspect that the Porsche light is like the one in my wife's Audi e-tron which projects the 4 ring symbol onto the ground only when the door is opened. I wouldn't have paid for this option except that it was already included in a car we bought off the lot.

Bottom line, the "Porsche" symbol light is redundant to the other lighting and that's why I think it's more gimmick than functional and not worth $320. Just my $.02.

Last edited: