• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Using Android Automotive 12 even tho 15 is almost out.

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I was curious what features might be coming to Porsche, and noticed that Macan is using a pretty old version of Android, probably the project is few years old, that's why they kept that version.

More info for the curious:
Video streams are possible in Android 13, so this means something like Sentry Mode might be coming soon.

https://source.android.com/docs/automotive/start/releases/t_release

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I would not hold my breath. ;)
And the car was years in the making, it makes sense they went with that older version.

Would be shocked if they upgrade it before the Macan is refreshed a few years out.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
The car has already so many issues that choosing a new release of the Android Auto would have been an higher risk. Sometimes software issues can be a nightmare to resolve (and even if OTA is a good and valid method to resolve them, also Tesla takes some time to release the next software that solve the previous issues - and sometimes it adds other….).