• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I absolutely love the charging port on the rear fender. It will probably work nicely with the Tesla SuCrs. WOW can't wait to see more info on this beauty!

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Not really in love with the shape of this Macan. Too Model-X like at the rear for my tastes, I do not like the smaller side glass % vs. body, and I really do not like divorced headlight / DRL's on any vehicle. But I will reserve my judgement seeing the 1) Full production car 2) in person.

But more significantly, does anyone have experience with this charger? I'm assuming the 44.15 kW refers to the total amount added in the 15:23 session? More interested in that. 179 kW seems pretty good for 52%, especially if it's already added 44 kW; battery should be heated up pretty well. If that is added 44 kW, and it's at 52%, what can we make of this regarding battery size?

OP
OP
Alex74

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
Not really in love with the shape of this Macan. Too Model-X like at the rear for my tastes, I do not like the smaller side glass % vs. body, and I really do not like divorced headlight / DRL's on any vehicle. But I will reserve my judgement seeing the 1) Full production car 2) in person.

But more significantly, does anyone have experience with this charger? I'm assuming the 44.15 kW refers to the total amount added in the 15:23 session? More interested in that. 179 kW seems pretty good for 52%, especially if it's already added 44 kW; battery should be heated up pretty well. If that is added 44 kW, and it's at 52%, what can we make of this regarding battery size?
From internal information, itā€™s also charging up to 270 kW/h. So is also the new Audi etron suv. But with a battery of 110 kw

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Saw one near Stuttgart couple of weeks ago at a Ionity. First thought it was a eq something from Mercedes. Didnā€™t like the shape

Last edited:

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I absolutely love the charging port on the rear fender. It will probably work nicely with the Tesla SuCrs. WOW can't wait to see more info on this beauty!
I love the Taycan charging port on both sides.
What is the advantage of having the charging port on the left, rear side? In Austria, charging stations are always on the right-hand side of the road. The streets in Vienna are often narrow. The charging flap then protrudes into the traffic and even more so the cable. Real bull shit. In the charging park, it doesn't matter. But why not on the right side?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I love the Taycan charging port on both sides.
What is the advantage of having the charging port on the left, rear side? In Austria, charging stations are always on the right-hand side of the road. The streets in Vienna are often narrow. The charging flap then protrudes into the traffic and even more so the cable. Real bull shit. In the charging park, it doesn't matter. But why not on the right side?
Given itā€™s an SUV and a bit more weight isnā€™t an issue, itā€™s possible they fitted another CCS2 port on the opposite side of the car.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Love it, though I hope they didnā€™t lower the roofline, ala the Cayenne Coupe, which is too low for me.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have to say, Iā€™m in love with the current Macan design and have to stop myself everyday from buying one as an ICE backup to complement my Taycan. When I bought the Taycan, I was on the fence with a Macan or Cayenne, but figured trying an EV was fine since I had a GT4 in the garage. Thatā€™s gone and Iā€™d really like an ICE as well. The wife has an Outback, which is good for what it is, but I hate driving it farther than the grocery store.