• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Any tips on limiting budget on options?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
True, but slightly tighter than a Cayenne! šŸ˜‰
Think youā€™re just further proving my point. šŸ™ƒ

True itā€™s all relative, but Taycan and Cayenne are not objectively small cars with short turn radiuses. Putting back below the data.

Turning circle diameter:
- Macan EV (no RWS): 39.7 ft
- Macan EV (RWS): 36.4 ft
- Taycan (no RWS): 38.4
- Taycan (RWS): 36.7 ft

The Cayenne, Macan and Taycan have pretty much the same wheelbase:
- Cayenne: 114 in
- Macan: 113.9 in
- Taycan: 114.1 in

Last edited:

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Yeah, RAS does significantly reduce turning radius on the Macan although this thread was about limiting budget.

Iā€™m not one to speak though since Iā€™ve been failing in my recent attempts to limit my own Macan budget!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the Absolute _BEST_ way to save money on the options list of the Macan EV is to order an Audi Q6ā€¦virtually the same car, fewer options, options that do exist are cheaper, lower base price.

although if you stay in the "porsche world" - I tend to focus on "functional" options vs. "cosmetic" options - Porsche will happily take $1000's of your $$$'s for carbon fiber or gloss black interior and exterior bits/bobs that have no functional impact on the vehicle, but may or may not have a strong ascetic impact. Deviated Stitching is the absolute _BEST_ way to fund a Porsche Exec's kids college fundā€¦or their 2nd or 3rd home.

but seriously get the car the way you want it - you should have it for at least the duration of the warranty period and if longer the incremental costs will fade but if you're reminded every day that you "skipped" something well that's not a good feeling.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Think youā€™re just further proving my point. šŸ™ƒ

True itā€™s all relative, but Taycan and Cayenne are not objectively small cars with short turn radiuses. Putting back below the data.

Turning circle diameter:
- Macan EV (no RWS): 39.7 ft
- Macan EV (RWS): 36.4 ft
- Taycan (no RWS): 38.4
- Taycan (RWS): 36.7 ft

The Cayenne, Macan and Taycan have pretty much the same wheelbase:
- Cayenne: 114 in
- Macan: 113.9 in
- Taycan: 114.1 in
it's interesting to note that 39.7 vs. 36.4 is more than 3 ft - and many many sidewalks are less than 3 ft wide - basically without RWS your turning radius is bigger by more than the entire width of most sidewalks and you'll be driving up onto someone's lawn if you take 3 ft more to make a U-Turnā€¦

RWS seems like a no-brainer to me, but then again I'm nuts.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Audi SQ8 - checked _ALL_ the optionsā€¦$105k

Attachments

OP
OP
taycanstuff

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
For comparison purposes, checked as many options as possible on the Turbo.
Almost $67k in options on top of the $105k base price.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS2CM4U7
Would the Audi SQ8 be more front wheel drive bias, I remember seeing a video comparing the audi gt -tron vs taycan and the porsche DNA outhandles the audi by a good margin - have only driven a taycan so can't speak for the audi though.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Would the Audi SQ8 be more front wheel drive bias, I remember seeing a video comparing the audi gt -tron vs taycan and the porsche DNA outhandles the audi by a good margin - have only driven a taycan so can't speak for the audi though.
I have not followed the reviews of the Audi but wouldnā€™t be surprised re: the front bias.

Would you happen to know @daveo4EV?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not "know" about hte Audi's - the BMW EV's are also an excellent choice and fully optioned way less than Porsche alternatives

I"m inclinded to believe with an EV the driving DNA differences are "less" pronouncedā€¦

anyone able to afford any of these cars: Porsche, BMW, Audi is blessed/fortunate and will not suffer in any of themā€¦

buying a Porsche and then trying to save money is like buying an EV to save the planet - probably ill-advised thinking IMHO-the best thing we could do for the planet is not buy new stuff but keep using the stuff we've already made - saving money on Porsche options is simply not the brand's DNA or business model.

at the end of the day we would ALL be 100% fine in something less expensive and more practical, but that's not how we choose to spend our money which is great....but I like to try and keep perspective.

I happen to like porsche and it's pro's/con's - but I'd like to believe I'm under no illusions about what I'm doing or what it's costing me.