• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

How might Speed Yellow seat belts be on our Macan…

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
On our 2026’s black interior with the Speed Yellow stitching option, we wish to be able to add in Speed Yellow seat belts. But of course that is not an option as of yet.

I tried researching if they were ever available on an ICE Macan but I did not succeed.

Any suggestions please?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
On our 2026’s black interior with the Speed Yellow stitching option, we wish to be able to add in Speed Yellow seat belts. But of course that is not an option as of yet.

I tried researching if they were ever available on an ICE Macan but I did not succeed.

Any suggestions please?
Speed Yellow stitching looks great on a GT4!
Sadly, ours was sold.

OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
As we live in the Pacific Northwest with many months of clouds, fog and rain, our Plan B would be to induce a little “light” in the interior via Limestone Beige seat belts, LB leather upper door panels inserts, and a matching LB Sports Chrono face (still with the black leather with yellow stitching). If we could get the Speed Yellow seat belts, we would have our door inserts be in matte carbon fiber to match the steering wheels matte CF inlays.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
yellow seatbelts will lower range by 90% - I'd recommend against it.

OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
You are consistently funny. Is that because they are so bright and on some many 911’s they produce more driver adrenalin than the calmer colors, e.g. less range…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
matching the seatbelts to the stitching is a classic design choice and looks sooooooo good when you can pull it off

sometimes you have to request CXX options where Prosche will customize anything for a price - but you can get some really really outstanding builds if you give some thought to the build choices.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks again David. I have learned a ton from you. A “CXX” request is ahead.
these CXX projects are hand chosen by Porsche and there is a minimum "buy in" - and it's not cheap - I'm also told you need a "history" with Porsche and they have to "choose" your project as something interesting to them and you…minimum "buy in" I've heard but can not confirm is north 20k and each "choice/option" is very very pricey…

I would also "save" this request for a car a little more special than a Macan EV…but that's just me.

but good luck…

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks again David. I have learned a ton from you. A “CXX” request is ahead.
here is an example of a CXX option - I'm told it was crazy expensive - but the body color'ed harness pass-throughs are a nice design touch IMHO

something like this is CXX only - along with the HVAC vent blades if you look closely…

Electric Macan EV How might Speed Yellow seat belts be on our Macan… IMG_2332

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Custom stuff by Porsche over my financial head but maybe they would just do Speed Yellow seats belts at a $1,320 charge — e.g., double what their already offered alternative colored options are — especially as they do them already in that color for at least 911’s.

No harm in asking.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Custom stuff by Porsche over my financial head but maybe they would just do Speed Yellow seats belts at a $1,320 charge — e.g., double what their already offered alternative colored options are — especially as they do them already in that color for at least 911’s.

No harm in asking.
agreed - but length of each seat belt is unique to each model - so a speed yellow 911 seat belt may not "fit" a Macan EV - and the front and rears are very different....

but I agree 100% no harm in asking.