• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Stop sale?

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone know about a stop sale order? My delivery that was meant to be Monday is delayed 2-3 weeks due to a part issue.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Did you order the electric charging port cover? I have read here in other posts that part is being replaced.

OP
OP
gianteli

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did, but learned the issue is with a controller that fails programming during PDI. There is an updated version that is now in low supply due to the frequency of the issue. Not sure if it is the port cover controller, though that would make sense (the one on my Taycan was a constant source of frustration).

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
I am definitely NOT ordering the electric cover, regardless!

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
damn, my SA convinced me to option this. I did not realize it has a port cover on each side but then I thought I was getting my monies worth. Not so much anymore.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
damn, my SA convinced me to option this. I did not realize it has a port cover on each side but then I thought I was getting my monies worth. Not so much anymore.
Look at the good side - it will close itself and you have half the fingerprints on the door!

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
is there a way to open it without swiping?
Most likely yes - our Taycan ports can be open from the PCM console screen (which the Macan electric does not have).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's not a bad option, don't worry. I generally just don't think it's worth the price, but it IS cool and if you have it it's a fun party trick.