• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan Dash Visualization - feedback / review?

CandianPorsche83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
Hi guys,

Can any one who has taken the car comment on the dash Car visualization (not sure what to call it but the screen where it shows the car and uses radar to sense other cars around it?)

Tesla’s have a similar screen but in some of the POV videos I’ve seen of the Macan it looks pretty inaccurate and late to sense.

A saw a picture of the q6 version of it and it looks fantastic (see attached) in comparison. At the same time I also saw another POV video of the q6 from another video that shows something more similar to the Macans screen so I’m a bit confused.

My local dealer doesn’t have the car available for test drive yet so can’t check for myself. Thanks in advance.

Macan EV Macan Dash Visualization - feedback / review? IMG_5424

Macan EV Macan Dash Visualization - feedback / review? IMG_5425

Macan EV Macan Dash Visualization - feedback / review? IMG_5427

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
I share similar interest/concern with you. As I am coming from a Tesla model s and am addicted to its FSD. I also noticed what you referred to as dash car visualization on some of the macan ev videos. I am very hopeful the adaptive lane keep with the innodrive will at least reliably keep the car centered in any and all lanes whether highway or small streets. Just the fact the dash shows what the car sees makes me optimistic. I guess we will soon see. My macan ev turbo has been at the dealership since Thursday and they are waiting for some technical software instructions from Porsche and expecting them tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed I can take delivery Friday afternoon. Trust me the first thing I will be looking for after the neck snapping acceleration would be how good are the cars lane keep , adaptive cruise and innodrive 😉

OP
OP

CandianPorsche83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
I share similar interest/concern with you. As I am coming from a Tesla model s and am addicted to its FSD. I also noticed what you referred to as dash car visualization on some of the macan ev videos. I am very hopeful the adaptive lane keep with the innodrive will at least reliably keep the car centered in any and all lanes whether highway or small streets. Just the fact the dash shows what the car sees makes me optimistic. I guess we will soon see. My macan ev turbo has been at the dealership since Thursday and they are waiting for some technical software instructions from Porsche and expecting them tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed I can take delivery Friday afternoon. Trust me the first thing I will be looking for after the neck snapping acceleration would be how good are the cars lane keep , adaptive cruise and innodrive 😉
Yup pretty it will show some form of visualization but hoping it’s more like the 1st photo vs the 3rd photo that I posted. The 1st photo is dramatically better IMHO

1st photo video reference about 11 seconds mark:

3rd photo reference (which appears to be identical to the Porsche one)