• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
Hey guys! This would be my first post. I’ve ordered My Macan EV in March and it arrived at my dealer in Sweden in late August.

It was supposed to get delivered this week but after speaking to my SA, he said that the software updates needs to get done and some cars have been stuck updating for 4-6 days(!!). This should take between 16-36 hours and I can’t for the life of me get an answer when the delivery is going to happen. He said end of September before so it might still be up for grabs, I don’t know to be frank.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks guys and happy driving!

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
Yes same here. Car sitting at the dealer since 2 weeks and still need to do the update but not before they get some sensor that is required for the electric charge flap(s)… super annoying. They have no info on when the pieces arrive nor when I can take over this car.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'm slated for delivery @ PECATL (USA) - car is on the ground in North America (Jacksonville I'm told) - PECATL is unable to provide a delivery appointment time frame due to "pending updates" for my Vehicle - no specifics were shared - my vehicle is supposed to be a 2024 Macan Turbo…

original plan was for me to pick it up @ PECATL and road trip it home to California SF bay area - however I've informed my Dealer that as we get deeper into Fall/early-winter that plan is less interesting to me - I'm told PECATL/PCNA is "aware" of my concern…

I have no further facts/data at this time…original message include below as of Sept. 23rd…

Porsche shared with us that the vehicle is currently waiting for certain updates. They will contact you once those blocks have been addressed and lifted to funeralize-* [sic - autocorrect finalize] the PECAT arrangement.

They are aware of your concerns regarding wintertime.

I will circle back if additional information is received.

Thank you,

OP
OP

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
I'm slated for delivery @ PECATL (USA) - car is on the ground in North America (Jacksonville I'm told) - PECATL is unable to provide a delivery appointment time frame due to "pending updates" for my Vehicle - no specifics were shared - my vehicle is supposed to be a 2024 Macan Turbo…

original plan was for me to pick it up @ PECATL and road trip it home to California SF bay area - however I've informed my Dealer that as we get deeper into Fall/early-winter that plan is less interesting to me - I'm told PECATL/PCNA is "aware" of my concern…

I have no further facts/data at this time…original message include below as of Sept. 23rd…
It is pretty insane that one of the most prominent brands in the world couldn’t handle these software updates. I am really sorry to hear all that ambiguity.

Do you have any legal option to opt out if it takes too long in the US? Here, if they don’t manage to deliver within a “normal” time frame after they promised, we have the option to opt out without any fees.

also, have you ordered the electrical flaps for the charging port? As stated above it seems to have issues with spare parts for it that also delay the update.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is pretty insane that one of the most prominent brands in the world couldn’t handle these software updates. I am really sorry to hear all that ambiguity.

Do you have any legal option to opt out if it takes too long in the US? Here, if they don’t manage to deliver within a “normal” time frame after they promised, we have the option to opt out without any fees.

also, have you ordered the electrical flaps for the charging port? As stated above it seems to have issues with spare parts for it that also delay the update.
I'm thinking it could be a power-flap issue because I do have the powerflaps (or at least my build was supposed to have it) - I do not yet have the official build sheet - I just have what I submitted during the original Nixon adminstration time frame - it was sooooooo long ago - :CWL:

no official word on what degrees of freedom I have on delivery - but I'm confident my dealer/PCNA is aware of my concerns that some sort of accomodation/change can be manged.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Here, dealership has issues with almost all Macan: unable to install WRM0. It is related to the software update of all the on-board electronics.

I have the electrical flaps on my turbo

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
:facepalm: well this is going to be fun.

OP
OP

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
Here, dealership has issues with almost all Macan: unable to install WRM0. It is related to the software update of all the on-board electronics.

I have the electrical flaps on my turbo
Did you get any ETA on when they should be done?

colorpaulporsche

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S 2019
I waited a year for the Macan Electric to be available to order, and then hounding my SA to be sure I got an early build slot and now 9 months later waiting for software... I work in software. I'm a bit concerned.

I waited 6 months from my custom build 2019 Macan S to arrive, and I thought that was an eternity,

I'm jealous that you are all getting some updates from your SA, I have to hound mine and get one line updates. I think I know more about the status from this forum than my SA does. He did give me the build sheet to confirm my spec: Macan 4, Oak Green/Black int, with 4WS, power charge port and a host of other goodies.

Is anyone expecting to pay any less than MSRP?

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
from my SA
clarification I was just in the back there so that first handover process was done to your car , then Porsche said hold off with the rest of the steps. They identified need for different version. we started to get some of those versions last night for each step to customer delivery. so we hope to have all tomorrow. Can’t start without ALL OF THEM RECEIVED. Then we can proceed.