• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Porsche App can be improved…. A lot!

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
It looks funny but if you think better it’s not.
Planned a charge for 4:20 tomorrow morning (on the PCM without cable connected and destination selected).
On the car it show the correct departure time set (and it’s the same on the charge window of the app) BUT on the main “overview” page it show 5:20!!!!
Come on guys you can do something better (and with more data!) 😅😅😅😅
Electric Macan EV Porsche App can be improved…. A lot! IMG_5271
Electric Macan EV Porsche App can be improved…. A lot! IMG_5270

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Do people not schedule home-charging using their charger, rather than the car?

In my iX3, I have never used the car to schedule charging, it has always been done via the charger's app.

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Always used my Tesla car/app to schedule charge at home and at hotels. Car is always online, my wall box not.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
It looks funny but if you think better it’s not.
Planned a charge for 4:20 tomorrow morning (on the PCM without cable connected and destination selected).
On the car it show the correct departure time set (and it’s the same on the charge window of the app) BUT on the main “overview” page it show 5:20!!!!
Come on guys you can do something better (and with more data!) 😅😅😅😅
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg
I18 and i10n coding standards not followed. Time zones and physical location of app and vehicle should both be checked and reconciled in software. Hopefully they update things quickly. Found some pretty funny language and cut and paste errors in the online manual as well.

platypus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
I've also noticed the charge status to be delayed by a few minutes in the app: I plugged the car, I checked that charging had started, and left. I opened the app 5 min later and despite saying the vehicle state was up-to-date, the SoC hadn't changed. I went to the car and it had changed. I hope they improve that.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
I've also noticed the charge status to be delayed by a few minutes in the app: I plugged the car, I checked that charging had started, and left. I opened the app 5 min later and despite saying the vehicle state was up-to-date, the SoC hadn't changed. I went to the car and it had changed. I hope they improve that.
Serial (now) vs parallel (future) electrons - takes longer. 🐌