• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Acoustically Laminated Privacy Glass Unavailable

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Do you have a source for this? I find this surprising.
Well I assumed this is laminated glass with some kind of acoustic interlayer? Laminated glass cannot be broken into without special tools, same as a windshield.

If it's not laminate glass then I am wrong on the break-in comment.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PSDIARI0
Country flag
I finalized my 4S order a couple weeks ago and was told my delivery date is est. as end of February. I had to take thermal glass off my order due to the supply issues. If not I was told the EARIEST my order date would be 1/1/2025. I realize there is some conflict of interest, but my SA indicated there is no guarantee on timing and she has seen these supply chain issues go on for a while in other instances. I just gave up the option as I’m not willing to wait indefinitely.
Can you clarify. You say that est delivery is end of February but then you said with the thermal glass it was Jan 1. Was that a typo? Thanks