• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
You know you are spending too much time in the configurator when you are one of the first to spot an update.

360view now renders the gear tunnel leather treatment along with the deviated stitching

Macan EV Configurator Update: 360 View now renders the gear tunnel leather + deviated stitching Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 9.28.56 AM

Macan EV Configurator Update: 360 View now renders the gear tunnel leather + deviated stitching Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 9.29.21 AM

Macan EV Configurator Update: 360 View now renders the gear tunnel leather + deviated stitching Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 9.29.52 AM

OP
OP
Greenmachine

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like what you have created. TU. Our latest configuration has some similarities:

IMG_3351.jpeg
IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_3348.jpeg

IMG_3347.jpeg
Nice. It’s so much nicer IMHO with the chalk stitching on black than the red/black combo.

I saw a turbo build last week deviated chalk stitching and was very impressed. Really lifted the premium feel of the interior.

Did you also opt for the rear parcel shelf in leather? I figured it was quite a large surface area for the price even if I won’t see it while driving :)

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
No parcel shelf for us though it would be attractive, I would be taking it out periodically and concerned I might ding it up when I do.

Since ours will not be ordered for a long time (MY 26), we keep experimenting. Other options we are considering are these two:

Macan EV Configurator Update: 360 View now renders the gear tunnel leather + deviated stitching IMG_3436
Macan EV Configurator Update: 360 View now renders the gear tunnel leather + deviated stitching IMG_3435

And who knows if the next model year might have some different options???

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
We're just getting boring but comfy club leather truffle brown all over. Great to see these tasty interiors in your rides. Can't wait till folks are showing off the real thing.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
We're just getting boring but comfy club leather truffle brown all over. Great to see these tasty interiors in your rides. Can't wait till folks are showing off the real thing.
I vote for comfy.

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Nice find!

Honestly like Duckman, I also went for the truffle brown for ‘safety’ but have been also playing with the configurator for kicks (as I’m sure others have too) and found the contrasting leather option quite fascinating to configure - but without seeing it in the ‘flesh’, was paranoid should it turn out horribly.

Maybe for the next build. :)

You know you are spending too much time in the configurator when you are one of the first to spot an update.

360view now renders the gear tunnel leather treatment along with the deviated stitching

OP
OP
Greenmachine

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We looked at truffle but my wife doesn’t like brown, black was too dark and hot in California climate and we already have black and chalk in our Taycan so we were left with red and black.

After seeing cars at the dealership e realized that the red is much darker in real life (in a good way) but my wife wasn’t convinced by red stitching on black so here we are with vintage red and white.
Nice find!

Honestly like Duckman, I also went for the truffle brown for ‘safety’ but have been also playing with the configurator for kicks (as I’m sure others have too) and found the contrasting leather option quite fascinating to configure - but without seeing it in the ‘flesh’, was paranoid should it turn out horribly.

Maybe for the next build. :)
It’s a risk for sure but the red is darker in real life and ultimately this is my wife’s car, she didn’t like the brown in real life and she is a stylist so I’m trusting her.

What I like about the brown is that you lose all the black plastic parts but it’s not my car.

We already have black / chalk in the Taycan and she wanted something different so here we are :)

Jan 24th delivery to customer so we’ll found out soon.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
We looked at truffle but my wife doesn’t like brown, black was too dark and hot in California climate and we already have black and chalk in our Taycan so we were left with red and black.

After seeing cars at the dealership e realized that the red is much darker in real life (in a good way) but my wife wasn’t convinced by red stitching on black so here we are with vintage red and white.

It’s a risk for sure but the red is darker in real life and ultimately this is my wife’s car, she didn’t like the brown in real life and she is a stylist so I’m trusting her.

What I like about the brown is that you lose all the black plastic parts but it’s not my car.

We already have black / chalk in the Taycan and she wanted something different so here we are :)

Jan 24th delivery to customer so we’ll found out soon.
I'm a vintagey kinda guy and as we are doing Aventurine green and offroad wheels the brown continued that forest look. We live in a rural woodsy place so blending in is nice.