• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
in theory my 2024 Macan EV Turbo is built and maybe even on the ground in North America (I haven't gotten any recent production status)…

my dealer has not asked for 💰 or provided any appointment dates for my PECATL delivery experience.

does anyone have a "confirmed" date for delivery/pickup/in-customer hands?

thanks

we're getting close!

tonyadduci

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche macan gts
Country flag
hearing 9/20 or so. I believe all of these cars are at Baltimore port awaiting final EPA approval (which was provided) and then they are all going to be sent to the dealerships and then the dealerships are authorized to sell/distribute all at once on that week but not allowed to before/prior to that date.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hearing 9/20 or so. I believe all of these cars are at Baltimore port awaiting final EPA approval (which was provided) and then they are all going to be sent to the dealerships and then the dealerships are authorized to sell/distribute all at once on that week but not allowed to before/prior to that date.
yeah I've heard same thing - but no additional confirmation - I'm wondering if _ANYONE_ has a confirmed delivery date from their sales/dealership/experience-center

First Name
Ina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV ordered
Country flag
Don't know what Porsche does in the US but in Germany every Porsche has to get a software update before the customer gets it. Ours is already at the dealer's place but now they are telling us that that takes some time :confused:. IIt seems they are aiming at handing over the first cars not earlier than September 19/20th.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
30+ years in the tech industry…

hmmmmm - software on a schedule with a hard cut-off…always a sign of quality :facepalm:

First Name
Ina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV ordered
Country flag
It looks like they are trying to solve „last“ issues until the very last day. Which is also not the best feeling. I just hope Porsche has a better quality than other brands.

craz8

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS, BMW Z8
Country flag
I'm still convinced this delay - worldwide, from July to Sept 20 - is tied directly to the availability of the new iOS version and CarPlay. New iPhones announcing on Sept 10, with availability of iOS 18 and the hardware on Sept 20. The 'software update' is to get this tested and integrated to synchronize the launch.

With this in mind, I'd expect Porsche to be on stage with Apple on Sept 10 too.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm still convinced this delay - worldwide, from July to Sept 20 - is tied directly to the availability of the new iOS version and CarPlay. New iPhones announcing on Sept 10, with availability of iOS 18 and the hardware on Sept 20. The 'software update' is to get this tested and integrated to synchronize the launch.

With this in mind, I'd expect Porsche to be on stage with Apple on Sept 10 too.
Bold assertion - we will see!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Demo cars still show the 20th as delivery to dealer, and no customer cars will be available before demos arrive. No dealership seem to know anything more than that.

Last edited:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Our Macan Turbo Electric arrived at Jacksonville Port on August 10, 2024, and completed the "Quality action" clearance by August 12, 2024. Like many others in the US, it is set to leave the port for delivery to the dealer (PECATL) on September 17, 2024. The drive from Jacksonville, Florida to Atlanta is brief, aligning with the "unstated" global release date of September 20, 2024.

We've been in regular contact with a New Vehicle Delivery Coordinator in Atlanta. He has yet to provide a delivery date, stating that they need the EPA range data and the Monroney window sticker before they can do so. While this may be accurate, a software update could also be contributing to the delay.

Our frustration stems from planning a 4,000-mile road trip with our new Macan Turbo Electric from Atlanta to Maine, visiting family and friends along the way, then on to Niagara Falls, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, and back home near Portland, Oregon. We are adept at impromptu road trips across the US and Europe, but we would prefer more than just a few days' notice for delivery. We hope to take delivery on September 20 to sidestep the harsh winter weather (we are in our 80s) and to synchronize our visits with relatives and friends.

Slatett

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Cayman GT4RSWP, ‘22 Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
My Macan Turbo EV as of last week was sitting in Davisville .. according to my salesman . .he is off for Macan training the first full week in Sept and then he can deliver mid Sept

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our Macan Turbo Electric arrived at Jacksonville Port on August 10, 2024, and completed the "Quality action" clearance by August 12, 2024. Like many others in the US, it is set to leave the port for delivery to the dealer (PECATL) on September 17, 2024. The drive from Jacksonville, Florida to Atlanta is brief, aligning with the "unstated" global release date of September 20, 2024.

We've been in regular contact with a New Vehicle Delivery Coordinator in Atlanta. He has yet to provide a delivery date, stating that they need the EPA range data and the Monroney window sticker before they can do so. While this may be accurate, a software update could also be contributing to the delay.

Our frustration stems from planning a 4,000-mile road trip with our new Macan Turbo Electric from Atlanta to Maine, visiting family and friends along the way, then on to Niagara Falls, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, and back home near Portland, Oregon. We are adept at impromptu road trips across the US and Europe, but we would prefer more than just a few days' notice for delivery. We hope to take delivery on September 20 to sidestep the harsh winter weather (we are in our 80s) and to synchronize our visits with relatives and friends.
will this be your first road trip with an EV?