• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Dubai Porsche - which colours do they have on display?

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Holidaying in Dubai and wondering if anyone knows the colours they have to look at in the showroom.

I’d expect their stock models to be loaded to the gills so would be nice to see a variety of exterior and interior colours and trims etc.

Does anyone know?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
According to Porsche Finder, the Dubai Centre only has 15 cars, 5 new (all Taycan) and 10 used (a variety).

Hard to believe…

ketje78

First Name
Gert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne GTS ‘23 - 911 992.1 Carrera S ‘20
Country flag
I was invited to their launch event earlier in October - they had: Provence, White, Black, Oak Green and Gentian Blue. They are supposedly currently only available for media to test drive locally for their reviews and would be available for general public test drives in November.

I ordered the first UAE Macan EV back in January, got the first Turbo allocation in April and the car arrived last night in Jebel Ali port. Subject to a smooth software/hardware upgrade/fix, I would expect to take delivery in about 7-10 days.

ketje78

First Name
Gert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
According to Porsche Finder, the Dubai Centre only has 15 cars, 5 new (all Taycan) and 10 used (a variety).

Hard to believe…
There is such demand for Porsche here in Dubai that they only have showroom vehicles and all orders are custom orders with months of lead time to get an allocation (earlier in the year there even was an order acceptance stop for 911s as the wait time for an allocation had supposedly gone over 2 years).

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
As the UAE is an oil rich country, what's the EV charging structure like over there?

ketje78

First Name
Gert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As the UAE is an oil rich country, what's the EV charging structure like over there?
It’s early days still but coming up fast - but still lagging EU and US I think. Not the real superfast chargers yet - in Dubai max is 150kWh, in Abu Dhabi 180kWh.
Encouraging EVs is a clear priority (they have a target to have 35% of new cars sold to be EVs by 2030) and the growth of chargers is very rapid. In Dubai they launched the first public chargers in 2018 and until 2021 they were completely free to use. I will mainly charge at home (11kW) and at the office (where there are free 22kW chargers for employees), hence I won’t need the public chargers unless road tripping.