• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First Porsche

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
It's the first Porsche I've bought, I'd love to get your opinion.
The goal is to have a family car, so comfort is important. Aesthetics and technology are also considered important.

The vast majority of use will be urban, with one or two trips exceeding 300km per month.

code: PRBUFMR1

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
IMO you have created a great Porsche for your exact use. I must admit that my French is less than stellar so I was not able to figure 100% of the options out. But what I was able to understand, looked well fit for your family. Hope you get it soonest possible.

bogomya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Country flag
Would recommend rear-wheel steering instead of 22" wheels for more comfort and better maneuverability for the same price:).

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Would recommend rear-wheel steering instead of 22" wheels for more comfort and better maneuverability for the same price:).
Second that for four reasons
1. Easier parking in the shopping centres
2. More stable on highways
3. Better range with smaller tires
4. More comfortable ride with more air and rubber between you and the road

PorscheManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3 - Porsche Cayenne Turbo - BMW 320d
Country flag
Great configuration!
Just one question? ..do you really need a “Heated Windshield” for the Portuguese climate ?
I really like the great look of the car with 22” Wheels ! 👍…after all this is a Porsche ! IMHO a Porsche deserves to have nice wheels and I am sure you will never regret this decision!
the car looks amazing !

OP
OP

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
Thanks for you input now and previously :)
The “Heated Windshield” is only for remove the condensation. In my actual car in the winter I have the dam condensation many times, and with the AC it takes some time to remove.

Do you Porsche owners have any strong opinion on the removal of condensation with AC ?