• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Porsche Macan EV Highway Range Test | Behind the Wheels of Porsche’s First Electric SUV

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Google says 2001 911 C4 MSRP is $72k. Comparing MSRP to MSRP, it’s almost 70% increase.
My C4 options must have been expensive. Also, that over $100K I remember might have been the cost out the door. Then again, I put over $25K in options into the Taycan, with only about $1K being esthetics, so Porsche sure knows how to extract money from customers via options.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
so Porsche sure knows how to extract money from customers via options.
Yeah, they’ve got that one figured out, for sure.

I was just reading about a coffee table book some owners can buy detailing the production of their car for $1800. And I thought, “yes, I need that too”

It think it’s just GT cars from what I’ve read. Not sure.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Google says 2001 911 C4 MSRP is $72k. Comparing MSRP to MSRP, it’s almost 70% increase.
Actually, something else I find interesting, I remember a base Cayman being around $60k when they come out in 2006 because I was looking at them at the time. But they aren’t much more now.

So, I looked at it closer and the base Cayman has increased 16% from 2006 to 2024 while the base 911 increased 60% over that same time period. 😲

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The Macan EV will not have a "RANGE" mode. "NORMAL" will be the most efficient setting.
I feel that on today's Taycan RANGE mode doesn't deliver much outside of limiting top speed (and turning off passenger display/dimming headlights) – since they rolled out the update to make RANGE mode rear wheel biased and instantly de-energise the front motors.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I feel that on today's Taycan RANGE mode doesn't deliver much outside of limiting top speed (and turning off passenger display/dimming headlights) – since they rolled out the update to make RANGE mode rear wheel biased and instantly de-energise the front motors.

I didn't realise it also dims the headlights. I may stop using it then. I generally do use it on my long journeys, especially as I like to push the limits of range.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The Macan EV will not have a "RANGE" mode. "NORMAL" will be the most efficient setting.
I tried range mode on our recent trip to the alps. The major difference in range was the eco plus AC setting. Probably with the heat pump it switched off the AC for half an hour until it started to be a little colder and it switched AC back on. Range estimate went up 30 km from 250 to 280.

Without eco pro AC setting the difference was a less then 5 km.

I don’t really like the dampers / hight setting. It’s to bumpy on Belgian roads. My personal setting is low chassis and normal dampers and this is more comfy than range mode.

what isn’t good is that PIRM only works in range setting and is switched off in normal.

if they make eco pro AC and PIRM available in normal setting range mode is not necessary anymore.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I didn't realise it also dims the headlights. I may stop using it then. I generally do use it on my long journeys, especially as I like to push the limits of range.
I wouldn't think it dims it too much. I can't imagine turning off the Passenger Display would give you even 10 more meters of range!