• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this thread contains picture of the Porsche EVSE that is currently being shipped with 2024 Cayenne eHybrid's (11 kW max charge rate for the vehicle, 9.6 kW max charge rate for the EVSE - standard and common no surprises here)

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure this is the unit North American Macan EV's will receive - but it seems likely if this what they are including with their current 2024 Hybrid's…so this is speculation, but informed speculation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1421901-another-e-hybrid-questiono.html

It looks a lot like the PMC+, but it's not a PMC+ and has a new part number…

I would be unsurprised if this is what we end up with being included with all of our Macan's…time will tell.

No word yet on wire gauge and/or thermal sensor in the power supply cable…, but from the picture it's hard to tell but some of the wires look "thicker" so we might have 8 gauge or 6 gauge wire in the power supply cable…

I'm not 100% sure - but I think it's a new part number - anyone with a PMC+ care to confirm from part number on the back of their existing unit?

Part #: 9Y0.971.675.DM
Called a: Porsche Universal Charger - hence forth known as a PUC

so we now have the following known Porsche EVSE's running around
  • PMC - Porsche Mobile Charger
  • PMC+ - Porsche Mobile Charger Plus
  • PMCC - Porsche Mobile Charger Connect
  • PUC - Porsche Universal Charger
  • PWCC - Porsche Wall Charger Connect
  • PWC - Porsche Wall Charger (new design - not clear if it's been released)
I would be unsurprised if Porsche discontinues the PMC/PMC+/PWCC in favor of:
  • PUC - new EVSE shown in this thread
  • PMCC - keep shipping the PMCC for LCD screen and Wifi?
  • PWC - New Wall charger replacing the old Wall Charger in the product catalog.
the PMCC is the ONLY EVSE from Porsche that I'm aware of with a disconnect able EVSE to vehicle cable (25ft) - the other units all have "fixed" EVSE to vehicle cables typically 15ft in length or less

the PMC, PMC+, PMCC, PUC all have disconnect able power supply cables with various NEMA socket types supported - the PWCC, PWC are wall mounted non-mobile units and are hardwired.

see pictures…

Macan EV First Sighting - Macan EVSE Charger for North America…??? img_6118_5845d9c61cab5e8b25839e96cc25823518cdccda

Macan EV First Sighting - Macan EVSE Charger for North America…??? img_6119_a37581def8b98f45672e8c2fc4be5b81add409d0

Last edited:

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Here’s a photo of the mobile charger in use with a Macan EV inside the Atlanta PEC last weekend. Unfortunately the charger is upside down so I couldn’t see the charger display.

Macan EV First Sighting - Macan EVSE Charger for North America…??? IMG_2646

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s a photo of the mobile charger in use with a Macan EV inside the Atlanta PEC last weekend. Unfortunately the charger is upside down so I couldn’t see the charger display.

IMG_2646.png
this is a helpful picture - but remember _ANY_ EVSE will charge _ANY_ EV - so this may not necessarily be what's included with the Macan - it may be a Porsche EVSE they had "on hand" - also it looks to be a euro-spec Macan cause it seems to be using an adapter - NOTE; how the J-1772 plug is offset from the body of the car - it seems they are using an adapter for for the Euro-plug…

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
this is a helpful picture - but remember _ANY_ EVSE will charge _ANY_ EV - so this may not necessarily be what's included with the Macan - it may be a Porsche EVSE they had "on hand" - also it looks to be a euro-spec Macan cause it seems to be using an adapter - NOTE; how the J-1772 plug is offset from the body of the car - it seems they are using an adapter for for the Euro-plug…
Good point since the PEC mentioned that many of their Macan EV demos were from Singapore with Euro specs.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this thread contains picture of the Porsche EVSE that is currently being shipped with 2024 Cayenne eHybrid's (11 kW max charge rate for the vehicle, 9.6 kW max charge rate for the EVSE - standard and common no surprises here)

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure this is the unit North American Macan EV's will receive - but it seems likely if this what they are including with their current 2024 Hybrid's…so this is speculation, but informed speculation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1421901-another-e-hybrid-questiono.html

I would be unsurprised if this is what we end up with being included with all of our Macan's…time will tell.

No word yet on wire gauge and/or thermal sensor in the power supply cable…, but from the picture it's hard to tell but some of the wires look "thicker" so we might have 8 gauge or 6 gauge wire in the power supply cable…

I'm not 100% sure - but I think it's a new part number - anyone with a PMC+ care to confirm from part number on the back of their existing unit?

the PMCC is the ONLY EVSE from Porsche that I'm aware of with a disconnect able EVSE to vehicle cable (25ft) - the other units all have "fixed" EVSE to vehicle cables typically 15ft in length or less

the PMC, PMC+, PMCC, PUC all have disconnect able power supply cables with various NEMA socket types supported - the PWCC, PWC are wall mounted non-mobile units and are hardwired.

see pictures…

img_6118_5845d9c61cab5e8b25839e96cc25823518cdccda.jpeg

img_6119_a37581def8b98f45672e8c2fc4be5b81add409d0.jpeg
for me personally it doesn't matter what EVSE Porsche is shipping in North American as the "included" EVSE - I won't be using it - too big, too heavy, too crappy - I'll use my existing EVSE installs and carefully pack away the included one until I sell/trade the vehicle…

the 2024 Cayenne one looks like a re-branded PMC+ to my eyes - although it's unclear if there have been any "internal" improvements - but it appears to be same size/shape - given the thickness of some of the power cords in the picture - I'm pretty confident it's the redesigned NEMA 14-50/6-50 power supply cables - no word on if it runs any cooler/better.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag

see pictures…

img_6118_5845d9c61cab5e8b25839e96cc25823518cdccda.jpeg

img_6119_a37581def8b98f45672e8c2fc4be5b81add409d0.jpeg
Pretty sure that no EVSEs are being supplied as standard now in UK for either Macan EV or Taycan - missing from standard specification and there are new "stylish" options to purchase.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Same for Italy unfortunately.... :crying:
And more than 900€ + 140€ for the schuko 16A socket is a little too much...
Tesla Mobile charger costs 200€ and does the same job....

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received a Porsche (PCNA) survey the other day - questions were clearly indicating Porsche is trying to figure out if you even still need to include an EVSE…

these things are like USB power bricks, everyone has one these days and you don' need one with each EV…

Tesla has stopped including one with each car, but you can easily purchase one should you need it…

personally given how crappy the North American Porsche unit is - I'd prefer to skip it (it's a waste of a product, and will never be used in my household - should skip manufacturing it and eventually disposing of it in a land fill)…

for North America there are lots of excellent choices, and simple effective training for Porsche service/sales people would lower the FUD factor on these things and everyone could use what ever external EVSE they like…

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla has stopped including one with each car, but you can easily purchase one should you need it…
In Europe it's included with MS and MX. But as you wrote you can easily get one for a lot less than Porsche Mobile Charger...

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
ChargePoint plus going in here next week 11.5 on a 60 amp breaker. I'll take whatever they give me and see what I want to do with it. Sure as hell not dropping 1600+ dollars for their branded EVSE.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ChargePoint plus going in here next week 11.5 on a 60 amp breaker. I'll take whatever they give me and see what I want to do with it. Sure as hell not dropping 1600+ dollars for their branded EVSE.
charge point can do a full 50 amp charge rate on 70 amp breaker - get it if you can - macan is max 48 amps - but other EVs can do more.

great choice!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Same for Italy unfortunately.... :crying:
And more than 900€ + 140€ for the schuko 16A socket is a little too much...
Tesla Mobile charger costs 200€ and does the same job....
16A? You'd be better with 32A to get up to 7.4kW for home charging.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
16A? You'd be better with 32A to get up to 7.4kW for home charging.
I have a 32A wall box for home charging (and I usually charge at 7kW), the mobile is for emergency (and Tesla’s one have also 32A interchangeable cable).

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
I purchased the Tesla Universal Wall Connector and had it professionally installed with a 60A breaker. It's all set up and ready for the Macan EV 4's arrival on 09/20.