• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

[For Owners] Comparison of Macan Electric vs. Tesla Model Y?

porschemacanev4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Porsche Macan 4S Electric (Ordered)
Country flag
Just curious if any current Macan EV owners previously owned a Tesla Model Y.
I have a Macan 4S ordered, and I currently drive a Tesla Model Y Performance. I’m curious about the similarities and differences between the two cars. Obviously build quality and driving dynamics will be superior with the Macan, but are there any other interesting things you found when transitioning from the Tesla to the Macan?

Specifically curious about:
• Bose sound system in Macan vs Tesla sound system
• Innodrive with Active Lane Keeping vs. Tesla autopilot / FSD
• Driving position differences
• Overall size and dimension differences
• Anything about the Model Y that you miss in the Macan

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I used to drive Model 3 as my first car for few years and wanted to write a compression review for people who consider upgrading to Porsche. Here is a short summary:

You will miss:
- I don't but you might miss Autopilot even tho InnoDrive gets close, it will never be as close as autopilot as they don't have a goal to make a self driving car. We never got the real Autopilot in EU because of regulations.
- Driving position. You'll have less visibility but I compensate with the parking cameras and I have them on a shortcut cos our town is full of narrow streets but that's Europe. In US you might not care.
- The app. It doesn't get even close to Tesla's. It has the basics but no Sentry, Dog mode, etc.
- Phone as key. It doesn't have it...
- Might miss the unified experience with the centre display + app
- One pedal driving... The calibration they've done to the accelerator and brake pedal is incredible, but still. One pedal is the name of the game in the city.
- Turning signal camera preview.

What you will NOT miss:
- Shitty driving dynamics.
- Shitty, twitchy steering wheel feeling.
- Shitty suspension.
- Weird echo when you are by yourself.
- Not having a real dashboard.
- Not having physical buttons.
- Not having clear sound quality.
- Not having loud wind noise over 100km.

The car is generally superior to Model Y. It's unfair to Tesla as it's different class, but even if you compare it to X or S it will still win as a car.

Last edited: