• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 waiting for plate...
Country flag
If it would be helpful, I would like to collect in this discussion records of problems described by users up to the date given in the title:

• Air Conditioning - Issue: no cooling is provided - region: US - user: @n4v4nod - problem: no Freon installed
  • Satellite Radio - issue: connection lost - region: US - user: @macanchan - problem: TBD
  • electric charging cover (passenger) - issue: random operation - region: US - user: @n4v4nod - problem: TBD
Let me know if it could be helpful and I will try to update this log.

Maybe Admin could stick this thread to the top of the "Issue, warranty, etc" section for now,

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
This is great. Thanks for doing this

The lack of Freon installation makes a little bit of sense given that sometimes Freon charging processes are better done on site after delivery. it does raise a new question though about consistency. the question is is it up to the dealer to do the Freon install or does it come pre-done from the factory . i would hope the factory takes care of it but I also know that the dealer should have no problem doing it in case there are safety concerns which would be odd given how refrigerators are shipped regularly with Freon ready

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
This is great. Thanks for doing this

The lack of Freon installation makes a little bit of sense given that sometimes Freon charging processes are better done on site after delivery. it does raise a new question though about consistency. the question is is it up to the dealer to do the Freon install or does it come pre-done from the factory . i would hope the factory takes care of it but I also know that the dealer should have no problem doing it in case there are safety concerns which would be odd given how refrigerators are shipped regularly with Freon ready
There is a possibility that local regulations control the type of refrigerant (not likely). Freon has been banned for years in most counties (it still works best but cannot be used in some new systems).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The freon wasn't a car issue, it's a dealership issue. It's part of the PDI and the dealership screwed up badly. I'm not sure putting it as a "Macan issue" and possibly scaring people to the AC is a good idea.