• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

New to Macan - but not EV's or Porsche - Taycan swap for Macan Turbo

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Sorry guys. I was just plain wrong, e.g., my getting refreshed Taycan range results mixed up with Macan EV’s. As several have noted above, we are going to have to wait this out until we get real test results later. For sure I am now harder-looking at 20” tires/wheels now.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Sorry guys. I was just plain wrong, e.g., my getting refreshed Taycan range results mixed up with Macan EV’s. As several have noted above, we are going to have to wait this out until we get real test results later. For sure I am now harder-looking at 20” tires/wheels now.
That’s what I thought may have happened, the Taycan test ranges were released not long after the Macan’s.

Alas also thinking 20” is the wise(r) way to go on the Macan: comfort, range, noise… and replacement cost.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
That’s what I thought may have happened, the Taycan test ranges were released not long after the Macan’s.

Alas also thinking 20” is the wise(r) way to go on the Macan: comfort, range, noise… and replacement cost.
But the look ... ;)

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Ah the balancing act of life….

IMG_2002.png
I try and err on the side of "living" and "enoying life" - do what makes you happy if at the end of the day it honestly will make no difference…

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Thank you. We are retired and have the time for an extra stop or so on a road trip; e.g., if we might need to make an extra charging stop or two to get there because the 22” carbon fiber wheels might only go 295 miles instead of 315 miles for the 20’”s (or with the 80% “max typical fill” roughly only 238 miles instead of 250 miles)…

Of course if we commuted or otherwise drove daily 200+ miles, 20“‘s would make complete sense.