• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Porsche... just another car company???

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
I will say for the record...so I am, on the side, a semi-professional musician and buy a lot of gear from a place called Sweetwater. You buy something they give you a personal phone call every time. Put a bag of candies and stickers in every purchase. Have an online system that is super good at telling you exactly what day you will get something depending on the level of shipping you choose. And the service is consistent I know plenty of other musicians who LOVE that company for how they are given the royal treatment even if you are just buying like a 90% piece of kit. So...some companies do get it.

I thought of this because they just called me to see how my new gear was working out, and my wife was listening and she said, too bad Porsche doesn't treat people like Sweetwater does. :) (And again I have had a pretty darn good experience so far with Porsche personally but clearly its not consistent in any way across the board).

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I also erroneously assumed Porsche, given their reputation, would be a better experience overall. Very disappointed in what a mess this Macan launch is, especially given that they have delayed the launch but in the end it turns out they should have delayed it another year to 1/25/2025.

I also agree that with the new age of cars, the BEVs, things are very different and Porsche no longer can carry the same weight they had so we'll have to see how they fare long term. Frankly the Macan seems very overpriced but I'm still looking to purchase one simply because I'm not a fan of the other options out there, design wise. But performance wise, the Macan is very overpriced.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
Ha, consider yourself lucky if your SA has done that. Besides not a single proactive communication since the late Jan deposit I made, often took multiple emails/texts to get a response to my occasional inquiries.
same experience for me..... i like the guy a lot in person too...but the comms have been less than satisfactory

Not depending on the SA, is the ability of Porsche to communicate details to the SA.
Porsche doesn’t communicate details to SAs,
yes, this what i've been trying to convey. No car company will communicate issues all the way down to the SA/Customer, and i believe it's most because that message can be incorrectly transferred. They don't want to say " hey it could be this" before they investigate, and it turns out the issue is "that."
its better for them to leave everyone in the dark until they have a solution, and communicate that out once.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It certainly depends which dealership you use, but I will say (in general) Porsche is pretty good at getting cars in for service and handling that aspect well.

They're also easy enough to order.

The SAs can be clueless. Some dealerships just really suck. But in general Porsche does a good job getting you a car and taking care of it. The Macan launch, obviously, is a really ugly exception.

My experience over the years with Porsche is worlds better than the experience I've had with Rivian or Tesla, two car companies a lot of people consider "good car companies" but that I couldn't be more excited to never deal with again.