• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Slate Grey Neo versus Ice Grey Metallic

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo; RS7; Nissan GTR; Rivian R1-S
Country flag
Hi, First time poster here but long time Porsche owner. I am close to ordering a Turbo Macan and was set on ice grey metallic when I noticed the Slate Grey Neo option. Has anyone seen this color on a different model Porsche before? I think I have seen Metallic Slate Grey but not Slate Grey Neo. I think if I went with it I would lean to the bourd/black interior scheme while with Ice Grey Metallic for some reason I was more inclined to go black (after staring at the truffle brown for a while) with some bourd. seatbelts. I would love some opinions on the Slate Grey Neo if anyone has seen it in person. Cheers,

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have seen metallic slate grey on a 911. Nice colour but imho not comparable with ice grey, much closer to vulcano grey...

Filou

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf 8
Country flag
Bonjour, j'ai commandé un macan turbo ev slate neo gray mais impossible de trouver une photo sur le net...seulement des 911... PSPUBZH2
Ce sera ma première porsche...:):)

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I searched for Slate Grey Neo and couldn’t find it anywhere, it’s not on Rennbow either.

Someone posted that it looked like the grey currently used on BMWs, let me see if I can find the post.

Edit: it was @PanameraFrank and he mentioned it looks like Dravit Grey on the i4.

Filou

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf 8
Country flag
Merci beaucoup! je continue Ă  chercher...;)

Filou

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf 8
Country flag
Ok, c'est noté.

OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pour info c’est un board anglophone, tu auras plus de réponses en anglais. ;)
certains d’entre nous, Américains analphabètes, se souviennent de quelques rudiments de français de l’école !

Filou

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf 8
Country flag
No worries:) i will speak in english! If someone saw a macan ev in slate grey neo color, post it please

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm assuming you saw this but if not.. and

Ice Grey is a metallic white that seems to "glow " in low light conditions. It isn't really grey at all, much more an off white.

Neo Slate Grey is a pure cement grey. I should note I compared it to Dravit from BMW but that's more comparable to the original "Slate Grey" and Slate Grey Neo is a couple shades lighter.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
I have made this exact switch....from the Ice Gray Macan 4 to a Neo Slate Grey.

I like it a lot more (and ice grey would have been very similar to my crayon taycan)....my only doubt is the combo with the red interior which we are keen to have....I guess we'll see at delivery time

DavidL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well, i have had the red interior on two Taycans now...... Black Metallic and currently Ice Grey. I am just about to fix my Macan 4S build as Neo with Red... Classic combo in my eyes!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have made this exact switch....from the Ice Gray Macan 4 to a Neo Slate Grey.

I like it a lot more (and ice grey would have been very similar to my crayon taycan)....my only doubt is the combo with the red interior which we are keen to have....I guess we'll see at delivery time
Red Interior with that shade of grey is one of the most classic combinations. Literally thousands of BMWs with that combo.

Bordeaux is the interior I'd most recommend with Slate or Volcano.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think there is a way to get the offroad package and black rails right? Either Vesuvius grey or Turbolite. Shame as I would not want to introduce another grey if I end up going with Slate....