• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

The actual offroad ground clearance?

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I noticed when I put it in offroad I have another button shown on the dash where I can raise the car even further. No word about that in the manual. Is that extra or the actual/expected clearance mentioned in the dimensions of car on their website... (Me being lazy and not wanting to go to the garage and measure it)

tonyadduci

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche macan gts
Country flag
is the "lifted" height or when you put the chassis in the lift status the same height off the ground as "offroad?" I am noticing the ground clearance is lower than that of the 2023 gts.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
that's crazy....a little dent like that was an issue?

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
I noticed when I put it in offroad I have another button shown on the dash where I can raise the car even further. No word about that in the manual. Is that extra or the actual/expected clearance mentioned in the dimensions of car on their website... (Me being lazy and not wanting to go to the garage and measure it)
This article might provide the answer you're looking for. Here's the relevant quote...

In off-road driving mode... High Level I is activated, increasing the ride height by 20 mm. A lift of 40 mm is achieved in High Level II

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
that's crazy....a little dent like that was an issue?
yes - hence my reluctance to "offload" the Macan - Porsche has been "radio silent" when asking about Macan's battery tray vs. dents vs. off-road…I escalated to PCNA to discuss if 3 mm dents are more/less/same as an issue with Macan - and so far no response.

I would simply suggest you take an "informed" approach with regards to Macan+EV+offroad+battery-tray-dents+3mm potentially being a costly repair…

all Macan owners are of course welcome to do what they wish with their vehicle - but I'm not sure as to the differences between Taycan/Macan from a battery tray cooling channels design and their tolerance for minor dents/abrasions/normal-wear-tear…