• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Here is a bit of Track Your Dream (lite edition) for our group since official TYD is unavailable to us

When you know your car is at port in Emden waiting to be loaded onto a ship (from your SA), the following schedule of near term departures applies:
https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php?id=50&name=Volkswagen_Export_Schedule+KW35.2024.pdf

Shipments to the Northeastern US and Midwest should ship from Emden and arrive at the reopened port of Baltimore MD. The next ship on this list to Baltimore is Amethyst Ace which arrives at Emden September 6 according to the excellent MarineTraffic App. https://www.marinetraffic.com/mobile-apps

For Amethyst Ace, the shipping schedule indicates loading from Sept 7-9. After a stop in Halifax, it is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on Sept 22. All this lines up with the delivery date quoted to me.

Once you’ve verified with your SA that your car is loaded and can guess the ship’s name from the schedule, you can follow the ship’s progress using MarineTraffic.

If I find out more, I will update this thread. Hope you all enjoy access to this information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree that this thread has more general information. The above post gets directly to more specific information.

BTW: I caution against the subscription at MarineTraffic.com as.unneccessary and very expensivel I recommend the app instead.

If @Administrator has a preference for how to handle, please advise

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Are deliveries to Charlotte, NC most likely to be shipped through Baltimore or Jacksonville?

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are deliveries to Charlotte, NC most likely to be shipped through Baltimore or Jacksonville?
I would think Jacksonville, but your SA can probably tell you for sure

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
What about shipping to Halifax for Canadian orders. Is there a separate link for that?

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What about shipping to Halifax for Canadian orders. Is there a separate link for that?
Same link. You’re in luck because Amethyst Ace stops at Halifax on its way to Baltimore. It is scheduled to arrive 9/19.

Last edited:

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag