• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV Color Poll 🎨 Vote For Your Favorite

What color to go with (up to 2 choices)?

• Total voters

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I have built the Macan Turbo I want but keep going back on the color - especially as they are all $0 in the Turbo (except the Legends colors).

Contrast
White and Black seem too plain, too boring, too basic.

Shades
Jet Black Metallic is gorgeous but seems like a pain to maintain and afraid it will show defects like crazy.
Volcano Grey Metallic is interesting, feels like an easier JBM maybe? But does it really work?
Dolomite Silver Metallic looks pretty cool, with a touch of blue, and in the configurator seems to work well with Turbonite side blades (although thinking of getting them in the same color as the rest of the body).
Ice Grey Metallic seems a bit too warm in contrast, not sure what it would look like in person.

Dreams
Provence is very different and looks great in the presentation videos - but expect to grow tired of it quickly. And resale value on this..?
Gentian Blue Metallic I've seen in person a few times and it looks very nice, but maybe also a bit too plain? I had a similarly colored X3 a few years back, a bit darker, and I loved it. But on a Porsche? Unsure.
Frozen Blue Metallic now this one is cool (frozen, get it?) and I have seen several Taycans with that (or very similar) shade. But is that a color that ages well?
Papaya Metallic I quite like and it really pops. But somehow also makes me think of a Subaru or Challenger. Never seen orange on a Porsche, is that popular?

The Legends color don't speak to me too much, even though I quite like the Aventurine Green Metallic. But don't love it enough to pay $2.5k for it.

So I guess in the end, it would probably be VGM, DSM, or one of the Dreams color (except Provence).
I went to showrooms and most cars there were either black or white, or colors not offered on the Macan EV. Also don't feel like the sample they have there really allow to get a sense of the end result.

Any thoughts in terms of ease of maintain? And any tips on which to avoid because a pain to resell?
Not overly worried about resale as I plan to enjoy the car for a while, but if a given color is a nightmare, might as well avoid it.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I love seeing some of these colors, like the two Greens and the Provence, the Papaya, the Frozen Blue, and especially the Copper Ruby Metallic. But to love seeing them and to get them on my car are two different things. Not sure if I want to stand out so loudly with some of these colors on the street, and have so much attention drawn to my car when parked in questionable areas. (Of course, there's the counter-argument that thieves/thugs may be less likely to hang around a car that really stands out to everybody on the street.)

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
I love seeing some of these colors, like the two Greens and the Provence, the Papaya, the Frozen Blue, and especially the Copper Ruby Metallic. But to love seeing them and to get them on my car are two different things. Not sure if I want to stand out so loudly with some of these colors on the street, and have so much attention drawn to my car when parked in questionable areas. (Of course, there's the counter-argument that thieves/thugs may be less likely to hang around a car that really stands out to everybody on the street.)
I have exactly the same thoughts as you! Ended up going for the Vulcano Grey.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Kinda disappointed they're not offering Chalk for some reason. I'll go with Ice Grey Metallic (which is a $3k special color on the Taycan btw), coming from a Volcano Grey ICE Macan.

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan 4S PSZUSJE6 Jet Black
Country flag
I‘ve gone with JBM and turbonite accents across the car … can’t wait

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Coming from a dolomite silver taycan ST it is hard for me to decide between ice gray and frozen blue.
Think i will stay/ prefer ice gray cause i fear it will not "age that well"....
Vulcano grey looks good but i fear it will be a bitch to keep it clean...

Last edited:

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
Coming from a dolomite silver taycan ST it is hard for me to decide between ice gray and frozen blue.
I have macan ICE Vulcano Grey and Dolotime silver Taycan ST. i confirm the Dolomite silver is surprisingly MUCH easier to keep clean than the darker Vulvano grey.
An important question is the color of the wheels,, Dolomite Grey has black wheels (stunning) and the Vulcano grey has the spyder ones.
After a long reflection I am opted for Vulcano with lighter color wheels for the Macan EV turbo. Almost gone for 22, but did not change… yet 😊….

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I love Frozen Blue, but yeah, same thoughts as you, Ice Grey might just age a bit better, and it is also a really nice colour, it just does't stand out like Frozen Blue.

I've opted to spec my Turbo with black gloss side blades and other trim, I think it's a nicer look than the Turbonite, and seems to be what Porsche unveiled the car with too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've opted to spec my Turbo with black gloss side blades and other trim, I think it's a nicer look than the Turbonite, and seems to be what Porsche unveiled the car with too.
I am 99% sure the reveal Turbo has the Carbon side blades, not the high gloss black ones.

If you zoom in on the pictures (like here), you can see the carbon pattern on the blade.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am 99% sure the reveal Turbo has the Carbon side blades, not the high gloss black ones.

If you zoom in on the pictures (like here), you can see the carbon pattern on the blade.
Oh yep, that's carbon for sure. I've had a fair bit of carbon cars over the years and personally a bit over it, so will gloss black I think, hopefully good contrast with the Ice Grey.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There might be a few different cars too, some at the press event, some in Singapore, and some photographed at different times. These ones look gloss black to me, but there is a chance the light is hiding the carbon detail and the carbon has a very glossy finish anyway.

Macan EV Macan EV Color Poll 🎨 Vote For Your Favorite FB933413-4723-4349-A9AB-598C627F9E5E

Macan EV Macan EV Color Poll 🎨 Vote For Your Favorite B9869BCC-A0F1-4A99-ADDC-DA1EACD8D5CF

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There might be a few different cars too, some at the press event, some in Singapore, and some photographed at different times.
Multiple cars for sure!
The one Kyle presented had the rear bottom line (beneath the license plate) in high gloss black, whereas the shots of the car in motion have it the same color as the car (ice grey).

Been CSI-ing all the shots for a week. 😅

SupremeHustle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X4M Comp, F-Type R
Country flag
Does anyone have an idea what color the side markers will be in the US? On the ICE Macan I've seen orange and clear/smoke. Knowing the color will help me decide what exterior color to go with.

Also is there a place to buy body-colored side markers to get a clean look that's closer to the cars in the configurator?

Thanks.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone have an idea what color the side markers will be in the US? On the ICE Macan I've seen orange and clear/smoke. Knowing the color will help me decide what exterior color to go with.

Also is there a place to buy body-colored side markers to get a clean look that's closer to the cars in the configurator?

Thanks.
What are side markers? Are you talking about the side blades that run along the doors, 3/4 of the doors down?