• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Deep black metallic vs. "regular" black.

Alb4tor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 EV
Country flag
A very simple question. Is it worth it?
I'm inclined to think that, for the price of the supplement, a standard black and a few touches of blue in the headlights would be just as interesting.
What do you think? Any "standard black" driver here?

Jeev

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Also went for 'simple black' myself. But for another reason, I will have my car wrapped.
Thinking of satin dark grey, or charcoal matte wrap.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
Lots of washing and waxing vs. tons of washing and waxing. Love the black, but never going back.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
Abolutely agree. Black is such a bitch ro keep clean/ good looking.
But man, those 8 days when it just got washed and is sitting in the driveway it looks killer. The wrap thing sounds like fun but pricey. Vintage cues from great cars of the 50s and 60s would be my favorite adds.

Something like:

Electric Macan EV Deep black metallic vs. "regular" black. woody

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Plain Black generally looks a bit nicer at showroom quality, Metallic hides dirt/swirls significantly better (although still much worse than any non-black).

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
I always buy my cars in Black. In my personal experience the non-metallic black is darker, deeper black compared to metallic.
My Taycan is Jet Black (metallic), but for my Macan I'm going for the non-metallic black. I'm not that concerned about scratching as I always let my detailer put a ceramic coating on my cars which should give good protection.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Also free Option black on my car. The non metallic is more black.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
As said earlier, personally, I think the non-metallic black looks best. But I don't know for sure whether I should pick satin or 'glossy' black painted rims to go with said black color. Any advise? And what about the window trim, glossy black or leave it as-is?

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
My choice would be satin wheels with uni black and glossy black window trim in case of „hard to keep clean and free from micro scratches„ uni black. ;)

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan Turbo Electric, 2020 Taycan TS, 2012 Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
As said earlier, personally, I think the non-metallic black looks best. But I don't know for sure whether I should pick satin or 'glossy' black painted rims to go with said black color. Any advise? And what about the window trim, glossy black or leave it as-is?
Our 2012 Cayman S Black Edition (a Cayman R in street clothes) has gloss black everywhere outside, with the exception of a thin polished aluminum sidewall on the rim. It is standard black, buffed to remove orange peel, and glass (ceramic) coated everywhere, including the wheels. She still turns heads and is amazingly easy to clean.

raybey

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 LR
Country flag
I was struggling with this same decision until I popped into my local dealer at the weekend. I had ordered JBM but after seeing it in person I am definitely changing to solid black. The metallic looked very colourful (blue, purple, brown) under certain lights and looked a bit off against the gloss black window surrounds. I now need to decide whether to paint the rims gloss black or satin as mentioned above

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan Turbo Electric, 2020 Taycan TS, 2012 Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I was struggling with this same decision until I popped into my local dealer at the weekend. I had ordered JBM but after seeing it in person I am definitely changing to solid black. The metallic looked very colourful (blue, purple, brown) under certain lights and looked a bit off against the gloss black window surrounds. I now need to decide whether to paint the rims gloss black or satin as mentioned above
When the car is clean, Satin Black on the wheels will never look as clean or sharp as Gloss Black. When the car is dirty, both blacks on the wheels look dirty!