• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

driege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S (on order)
Country flag
PanameraFrank - I just saw you're in Seattle (I'm in Bellevue). Where did you do the test drive? My SA at Porsche Bellevue said they wouldn't be available to test drive until closer to the end of the month, but I'm not a very patient guy.

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
Please share your observations of the 4!
The 4 feel closer to a ICE when it comes to acceleration... It's a smooth acceleration, vs. the whiplash torque. I drove it primarily in Sport Plus mode which has a lower firmer ride. Steering feel was great! It had the GT steering wheel as ours is as well. Cornering in Sport Plus was good, I was worried about body roll. I think Sport Plus helps with the Air Suspension? (versus the base steel springs in Europe) Seating position is lower than the ICE Macan. I'm quite happy with it. It's replacing our Defender 110X, so it's quite different. Prior we had a ICE Macan... and prior to that we owned a BMW i3. I'm excited for this one.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
PanameraFrank - I just saw you're in Seattle (I'm in Bellevue). Where did you do the test drive? My SA at Porsche Bellevue said they wouldn't be available to test drive until closer to the end of the month, but I'm not a very patient guy.
Not in Seattle, I have multiple locations. Unfortunately I don't think they're technically supposed to do test drives until tomorrow.

End of the month is bizarre. I have not had good experiences at Bellevue, they're a mess. Sorry to hear they won't let you test drive yet.

Also to clarify on the 4, it's a great car. Just feels weird to be that expensive of an EV and yet that slow. I'd highly recommend going up to a 4S, which I think will be an excellent level of quickness.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Thought I'd just add my 4 test drive thoughts here, didn't feel it needed another thread.

The Electric Macan is more Taycan than Macan, IMO.

Excellent interior, excellent seating position, nice handling. Feels more car than SUV.

Overall just very nice.

Saw Ice Grey, Gentian Blue, Copper Ruby, Oak Green. Thought Ice Grey was clearly the best of the bunch and suited the car very well.

Worth mentioning the 4 felt quite slow and I'd never get it. The 4 is not a quick car.
Test drove the turbo electric on a short drive with too much traffic and concur with Frank’s observations except the turbo has no shortage of power, even though it was not equipped with Sport Chrono. It drives like a polite Taycan compared to our Turbo S. The throttle mapping is longer and very linear. It does drive more like a sedan and feels more expensive than I expected.

The Macan turbo was Oak Green Neo with Turbonite side blades - not my favorite combination. Ours is Oak Green but will have gloss black side blades, but body paint may be a better choice.