• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan 4S Estimated Delivery Date Pushed Back ~3 Weeks

porschemacanev4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Porsche Macan 4S Electric (Ordered)
Country flag
Checked in with my SA this morning to ask about coming in to test drive a 4 or Turbo and to check on my order status. Unfortunately found out that my lock date and estimated delivery date have been pushed back by a few weeks. Original estimated delivery date was 12/23/2024. New estimated delivery date is 01/21/2025. Kind of bummed about this, but it is what is it. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with the 4S orders. I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

PSPJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid, Model 3, EV Macan 4S on order
Country flag
Just checked with my SA in So Cal. Original delivery date for my 4S was 12/20. Now it's 12/13.

OP, I wonder if you had the thermal acoustic glass option? From what I've read there are some delays with that option. We had that on our build but took it off when we heard about the delay.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
How are you ppl ordering a $100K car without test driving it first? Boggles my mind
Very simple, I need a car, it had to be an EV car and all the other models around donā€™t fit my needs. Maybe reality will prove I was mad but I think that when you pay 100k for a car you donā€™t buy only a car but a customer service behind it and for now Iā€™m super satisfied of my SA and my dealer tech service.

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
In my case, the change of dates does not stop.
Initially it was November 23, then December 6 and later on December 13.

The big change came with the thermal glass issue that delayed my delivery until the end of January. I decided to remove them and the date was updated back to December 6.

Yesterday I was notified that it was delayed again to December 13.

In conclusion, total resignation... I thought these Germans were more serious :D

Andron

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan4S
Country flag
I switched from 4 to 4S asap they launched the new model, first delivery date end November, then 12 Dec, now 23 Decemberā€¦ šŸ˜£šŸ˜£šŸ˜£

OP
OP

porschemacanev4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Porsche Macan 4S Electric (Ordered)
Country flag
I switched from 4 to 4S asap they launched the new model, first delivery date end November, then 12 Dec, now 23 Decemberā€¦ šŸ˜£šŸ˜£šŸ˜£
Same here. I had my order in for a 4 and then switched to the 4S within a day of it being announced. I did not option the thermal acoustic glass or the powered charge port covers which Iā€™ve read have been causing delays. My SA says that the Macan 4S and 911 GTS are facing delays currently but does not know why. My vehicle is set to exit production on December 1 as of now. Hoping itā€™s worth the wait.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
How are you ppl ordering a $100K car without test driving it first? Boggles my mind
Test drove the Taycan, the ICE Macan and the Cayenne. All were exceptional experiences and had qualities (like the seats, handling, infotainment system, sound system, road noise, etc. that will be the same or similar) . I have owned an EV for the past 5 years and know what I like and don't like. The Macan customization allows you to config to what you like. Its a reasonable point but test drives only give a part of the story. Aside from sampling other models as above I looked at recall and service quality and talked/hung out at the dealership discussing all manner of concerns. Also talked to a few ICE Macan owners. Also, one important bit of research, i watched all of the prototype reviews (especially from Kyle from "out of spec" reviews) which I pretty reliable sources. All signals were good.

Last edited: