• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :)

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hello

I already have a black taycan 4s with red bordeaux interior.

I have to validate the configuration of my macan 4s in Volcano Grey: I no longer want a complete red interior but some red elements always give a sporty side that works well with a Porsche (s version).

So I added the chrono display in red and the seat belts in red.

I would like to add the side panel option of doors in red..
What do you think? Is it too much or can it work?..

Cfe photo
Thanks
Nicolas

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1307

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1306

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1304

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1302

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1309

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1308

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Not my piece of cake (red Chrono and red door panels insert) but love the red seat belt. I would keep only the red seat belt but if you like all the other details go for it. Good thing to have so many options is that you can make your car even more "your"!

Andron

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming Macan4S, 964 Carrera 4, Panamera Turbo S
Country flag
If you love the red on the panel you should chang the aluminium/silver color of the door opener line too maybe with neodimio if red not available.
what’s your estimated delivery time?

OP
OP
NicoLib

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
In fact, I fear that claws will occur in the long run on the side panels of the doors. As on the location of the third optional screen of my current taycan.. That's why I'm looking to put a leather option. But ultimately I will put a car wrapping type protection on the fragile parts (location of the third screen and side door panel).

And then I'm going to break my piggy bank for the stitching in red bordeaux .. 😂

Here is the config.:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSNHSIH5

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1323

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1316

OP
OP
NicoLib

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
If you love the red on the panel you should chang the aluminium/silver color of the door opener line too maybe with neodimio if red not available.
what’s your estimated delivery time?
hello my delivery time is december 2024 for the 4 S ☺☺

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Hello

I already have a black taycan 4s with red bordeaux interior.

I have to validate the configuration of my macan 4s in Volcano Grey: I no longer want a complete red interior but some red elements always give a sporty side that works well with a Porsche (s version).

So I added the chrono display in red and the seat belts in red.

I would like to add the side panel option of doors in red..
What do you think? Is it too much or can it work?..

Cfe photo
Thanks
Nicolas

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg
I did the red Chrono, red seat belts and red stitching. In addition, I also did the seat centers in chalk (Deviated Stitching Interior Package and Deviated Leather Seat Centers | Bordeaux Red/Chalk). Turned out really nice.
Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1023

For a final touch I wrapped the steering wheel center in matching red vinyl.
Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) IMG_1077

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
I did the red Chrono, red seat belts and red stitching. In addition, I also did the seat centers in chalk (Deviated Stitching Interior Package and Deviated Leather Seat Centers | Bordeaux Red/Chalk). Turned out really nice.
IMG_1023.jpeg

For a final touch I wrapped the steering wheel center in matching red vinyl.
IMG_1077.jpeg
Nice combo!

One question for you: with the Extended Leather Package in your car, is the outer part of centre console "grab handle" covered in leather? I believe it is (based on the configurator description) but haven't seen an Extended Leather package in person. This was one of the disappointments for me with the basic leather package. The outer part of the centre console "handle" is hard plastic made to look like leather.

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
Nice combo!

One question for you: with the Extended Leather Package in your car, is the outer part of centre console "grab handle" covered in leather? I believe it is (based on the configurator description) but haven't seen an Extended Leather package in person. This was one of the disappointments for me with the basic leather package. The outer part of the centre console "handle" is hard plastic made to look like leather.
I’m pretty sure that’s an additional option, added to the configurator late in the game…
Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) 1728923273074-wz

This has been CORRECTED (see below)

Last edited:

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
To be clear, I have the extended leather selected in my configuration and this option is still available, indicating it’s not included.

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Nice combo!

Yes it is.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
To be clear, I have the extended leather selected in my configuration and this option is still available, indicating it’s not included.
I believe that option is for the lower centre console to be clad in leather (or Race-Tex). The upper console (with the grab handle) is a different component. You can see it fairly clearly if you look at the Race-Tex version of this option.

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) Screenshot 2024-10-14 133535 racetex lower

Electric Macan EV Macan 4s Volcano grey : Black interior with bordeaux red elements : help :) Screenshot 2024-10-14 133535 racetex back

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
I believe that option is for the lower centre console to be clad in leather (or Race-Tex). The upper console (with the grab handle) is a different component. You can see it fairly clearly if you look at the Race-Tex version of this option.

Screenshot 2024-10-14 133535 racetex lower.jpg

Screenshot 2024-10-14 133535 racetex back.jpg
Thanks for the clarification! I've been wondering about this and am happy to have real data (i.e., that gathered by observing delivered product) vs. virtual info (that gained by sleuthing what's in the configurator).

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Yes it is.
Thanks, I was hoping that was the case. I was surprised when I first put my hand on that grab bar (in the demo car with basic leather package) expecting to feel the slight give and softness of leather (fake or otherwise). The hard plastic may look the part but it felt wrong. For me, this leather grab bar surround, along with the stitched leather on the upper door panels, are the primary benefits to the Extended Leather Package (as overpriced as it is...although less of an uplift in the Turbo).

For my Turbo config (PSQX45F1), I wanted to keep the interior calm and unified in appearance to balance the Frozen Blue Metallic exterior. I added INTERIOR TRIM LEATHER (CAD$220 --- option code 7TM) to replace of the standard carbon fiber inlays in the door and the dash (Turbo model). I didn't think the few bits of carbon fiber (or other metal/wood options) felt right with the aesthetic I am going for.

Last edited: