• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

My Macan 4 - Delivery Experience 10/12/24 - Austin TX

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
I ordered my Macan EV 4 on March 24th and received a V200 status update on July 24th. The ETA for delivery was Sep. 20th. My SA just confirmed today that the delivery date is still on track.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Be sure to send us some pictures 😁

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
Mine was ordered January 26th, with 9/20 delivery date. I called my SA but they said the car is going through updates and will send photos today.

OP
OP
Senna

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
Mine was ordered January 26th, with 9/20 delivery date. I called my SA but they said the car is going through updates and will send photos today.
I spoke with my SA on Wednesday, who confirmed that the delivery was on track today. However, yesterday, he mentioned that the car would arrive between today and next week. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
Senna

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
I picked up my Macan Turbo Saturday morning. Man, this car is awesome. I believe @JayGT4 posted some photos of my car from rennlist on the Aventurine Green photo tread.
Congratulations! I saw that my Macan 4 is in stock today. I’m just waiting for the SA to contact me.

OP
OP
Senna

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
Arrival Journal

I ordered my Macan on March 23, 2024, with a promised delivery date around November 2024. After making several modifications, the order was frozen on June 9, 2024, and the estimated delivery date was set for September 20, 2024, following V200.

The vehicle arrived at the dealership on September 23, 2024, likely due to the boat arriving in Houston two days later than expected on September 10. The dealership began the upgrade process without detecting any hardware issues, but a few days later, I was informed that a specific module was repeatedly failing the software upgrade.

On October 1, I learned that the “electric interior heater” needed to be replaced due to this failure.

By October 3, my SA mentioned that the part would take approximately 1.5 to 2 weeks to arrive.

On October 7, the new part arrived for my car. However, the dealership informed me that they were experiencing staffing shortages in the service department.

Finally, on October 12, I received my Macan!

Electric Macan EV My Macan 4 - Delivery Experience 10/12/24 - Austin TX Before delivery 1
Electric Macan EV My Macan 4 - Delivery Experience 10/12/24 - Austin TX Before delivery 2
Electric Macan EV My Macan 4 - Delivery Experience 10/12/24 - Austin TX Before delivery 3

OP
OP
Senna

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
My Macan 4 Tech information:

20” – Pirelli Scorpion MS All Season
Comfort Seats (14-way - Massage Seat)
Rear Axle Steering
Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sport Chrono Package
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass (Front and Rear)
Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather
Augmented Reality Head-Up Display
Surround View with Active Parking Support
Passenger Display
BOSE® Surround Sound System

Test Drive Experience

Macan 4 Tech information

21”
Standard seats.
No Rear Axle Steering
No Sport Chrono Package
No Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass (Front and Rear)
No Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather

Ride Quality

I was truly impressed by the ride quality of the Macan 4. When I ordered it, test drives weren't available, so I opted for the 20” wheels due to my comfort concerns. After taking the Macan 4 for a spin on 21” wheels, I can confidently say that my worries were unfounded. The comfort level surpasses that of my Audi SQ7, which has 22” wheels and air suspension.

Driving Dynamics

The handling of the Macan 4 is remarkable, especially considering its weight. It's definitely not a slow car—unless you’re comparing it to a Porsche 911 Turbo. I’ve owned an Audi A4 Quattro (0-60 in 5.3 seconds) and an Audi SQ7 (0-60 in 3.8 seconds), and the Macan 4 holds its own. Disabling the stability control makes the car feel more hands-on, so you’ll want to have some driving skills to manage it. With stability control on, it’s incredibly predictable and safe to drive.

Noise

The cabin is quiet, except when driving under 40 mph, where engine noise is present due to legal requirements. However, it’s not intrusive at all.

My Macan Drive Experience

Ride Quality

The ride quality is noticeably more comfortable, likely due to the upgraded seats and the 20” wheels.

Driving Dynamics

The handling in corners is significantly improved thanks to the rear axle steering. I highly recommend this feature—not only does it enhance sportiness, but it also aids in parking and navigating tight turns. The GT Sport Steering Wheel is definitely worth the upgrade, as it provides a better connection to the car during spirited drives. One thing to keep in mind is the accelerator positioning in the Macan; it’s not ideal for driving with “running tennis (thick sole)”, so you may need to adjust your seating position—at least that was my experience.

Noise

Even without thermally and noise-insulated glass, the Macan is quite quiet. However, if you want to minimize external noise (like that from other cars), upgrading to insulated glass will make a noticeable difference.

Augmented Reality Head-Up Display

I’m really enjoying the augmented reality head-up display. I had a similar feature in my SQ7, but the Macan’s version is a significant upgrade. This is a must-have.

Passenger Display

I’m currently waiting for a software upgrade that will allow Bluetooth headphone connectivity for passengers, enabling them to enjoy separate music, movies, or other media. My wife appreciates this feature since we can add new routes to the navigation without needing to stop the car.

BOSE® Surround Sound System

The sound system is impressive. I think it’s still in the break-in period, but even at high volumes, it sounds as good as the medium-level Bang & Olufsen system in my SQ7.

EV Experience

This is my first electric vehicle, and I’m amazed by the instant torque. I’m beginning to think I might not miss internal combustion engines; the experience is just better. While I enjoy the sound of a V8, I usually keep my windows closed and enjoy music through the double-layered glass.

Another feature that seems tailor-made for Texas is the ability to pre-climate the car before driving. It doesn’t significantly drain the battery (not noticed even 1%) and can even be done in a closed garage (which is pretty convenient).

Having a “gas station” at home is fantastic. I’m charging my Macan 4 using a Tesla Universal Wall Connector installed with 60 amps. I need to check why it’s only reaching a maximum of 9.2 kW when it should be able to handle 11 kW.

Porsche Dealer

I can’t say enough about how well my dealer handled my order, keeping me updated at every phase of the process. If you’re in Texas, I highly recommend checking them out!

Porsche Austin

SA: Sean Shields

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
How you liking those 14-way seats? We tested a Macan4 with the 18-way seats when we financed ladt week and my wife loved them. We're both smaller sized and I'm afraid she won't like the 14-way due to extra side room, and they had none to show us.

quaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
How you liking those 14-way seats? We tested a Macan4 with the 18-way seats when we financed ladt week and my wife loved them. We're both smaller sized and I'm afraid she won't like the 14-way due to extra side room, and they had none to show us.
Have you tried the 14-way seats? If so are they any harder or softer than the 18 way? We got the 18 way and the seat is a bit harder than I was imagining. Hopefully it softens with use.