• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

4-zone climate control

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Does anyone know what the standard is like if you don't get the 4-zone climate control option?

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
I didn't add the 4 zone climate control since I'm alone 95% of the km I do....
Agree.
And it's not a very big car that 4 zone climate control is really necessary.
Even in the standard one, there are some controls to turn on and off and change direction of vents.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
It’s not so much 4 zone but two zone is just front and back, whereas 4 gives both driver and front passenger individual control of AC.

While I don’t give a hoot about people in the back, I very need separate controls for the front.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
While I don’t give a hoot about people in the back, I very need separate controls for the front.
Front controls are given whether you option for standard or 4 zone.
The configurator is a bit vague about it, but the Porsche dealer confirmed this.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Front controls are given whether you option for standard or 4 zone.
The configurator is a bit vague about it, but the Porsche dealer confirmed this.
If so, I’m amazed as every other two-zone AC car I’ve had is zone 1 front and zone 2 rear.

Seems strange than in this car, the rear passengers do NOT get AC with a 2-zone setup.

I’m getting 4-zone anyway.

OP
OP

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Agree.
And it's not a very big car that 4 zone climate control is really necessary.
Even in the standard one, there are some controls to turn on and off and change direction of vents.
Yeah I normally wouldn't as I rarely have backseat passengers but I have a newborn on the way and my wife would sit in the back with her so I'm getting the heated seat and 4-zone for their comfort.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
For what I know (and tested but here we don't nee AC anymore) AC settings (ON/OFF/MAX) is global and not zone related. What you can setup is temperature and, if in manual, fan velocity and open / close ventilation holes. And I think this is what I got with my last cars that have 2 zone climate controls: Tesla, Alfa Romeo and Range Rover. Zone 1 driver seat, zone 2 passenger seat. In the back you can set air flow direction and open close hole.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
With my iX3 and 3 series beforehand, 2 zone meant it was on or off for the front and/or the back - you can adjust temperature for passenger/driver.

I like the AC on for a breeze of cool but my wife doesn’t want the AC on at all. Merely adjusting the temperature doesn’t work.

Not helped by the crap HVAC system in the iX3 either. The X5 beforehand was much better.