• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Assistance Systems Error - Speed Limit Display (warning message)

Mike A

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Picked my Macan up yesterday and I have the same problem. The speed limit function switches off at exactly the same place on road, about 2.5km (as the crow flies from my house). It switches back on at the same place. To test a theory I drove away from my home in a different direction and again it turned off after 2.5km. Could this problem by related to a geo fence which has been set up in the tracking software.

OP
OP

Diamondtrons

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan 4 EV
Country flag
Car has been with Porsche Garage for 4 days. They have done a reset and recalibration of the innodrive but the Assistance system error persist sporadically. They are waiting further instructions from Porsche Germany but they are now saying it is likely just to be a software issue which could be fixed with an updateā€¦ Still waiting for more info. Now they canā€˜t release the car until Porsche Germany agree it is safe ā€¦..

KR45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
All sorts of software issues with my Macan Turbo which I picked up a week ago. Problems started in the showroom and havenā€™t stopped. I canā€™t believe Porsche have rolled out another new software platform out with bugs as they launch a new car. The same happened to me when i got one of the first Taycans and i didnt believe theyā€™d do it agin! Itā€™s going back to Porsche on Nov 1st for a couple of weeks while im away to sort everything out, including Adaptive Cruise which works intermittently depending where in the country I am!

OP
OP

Diamondtrons

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan 4 EV
Country flag
Yes, i agree and i must say i am really disappointed with Porsche releasing a car which obviously has softwares issues. You would imagine they would have tested this new model a long time before ! :mad:

adrnlyn

First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4 ev, boxster s, tr6, silverado 2500 desiel, tahoe
Country flag
Mine is back at dealer. Blind spot monitor doesnā€™t work, lift not working right, lots of advanced safety warnings. They have tried everything they know how to do. Escalated to corporate. Iā€™m afraid to let go of my old ice macan! They didnā€™t want me driving till safe also and gave me loaner. So, should we start a thread with problems based on how car configuration? Mine also has the info drive.
beyond bummed