• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Charging planner experiences

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Hi,

I am starting to get irritated with charging planner, can anyone help me to start loving it?

The issues are:

1) range 350km, when I plan the route it gets down by about 30%… why?
2) it does jot choose the fastest charger, it chooses a 150kw instead of a 350kw that is 60km further the trip. How can I fix this? I tried to select a top at the 350kw but nothing changed in the plan…
3) And the one that irritates me more. It planned to charge until 80% for example and when the 80% is reached, even if left connected, it stops the charging 😳😳😳I tried to increase max charge from the app but it says it is being controlled by the charging planner… So I was having a quick bite and had to go out, disconnect, stop the stupid planner, then select full charge for it to continue charging until I was ready to go…

Any help? Specially on point 3?

thanks 🙏

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I don't rely on the charing planner - instead use A Better Route Planner (ABRP) and Plugshare - then while traveling I only put in the "next destination" into the PCM navigation

with my Taycan the charging stop choices offerred/planned by the PCM navigation seemed to be terrible choices…

YMMV

I will not make you love it - because it's deeply flawed and not a useful tool.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW i5, MB C-Class
Country flag
Hi,

I am starting to get irritated with charging planner, can anyone help me to start loving it?

The issues are:

1) range 350km, when I plan the route it gets down by about 30%… why?
Because it takes the topography to your destination into account. The range meter shows one of two things:

1) remaining range based on previous driving (when navigation is NOT active).
2) remaining range based on the route to your destination (when navigation is active).

When navigation is active, there will be a little arrow also displayed next to the range meter.

It's actually really clever and accurate.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
1)
Electric Macan EV Charging planner experiences Screenshot 2024-10-15 154210

2) do you have the option to charge only at Porsche Charging station network switched on?
3) I tried by myself: limit by navigation at 56% but it went to 58 without any warning and I had to disconnect the cable to stop.