• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Club leather vs Extended leather -- softer leather for Club Leather

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Asked the Porsche Pro what the difference is between the two - he said that Club is a softer leather like Merino.

That’s me sold!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is only offered in Truffle Brown in the US and while it is softer and more premium it is not as durable.

OP
OP

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
It is only offered in Truffle Brown in the US and while it is softer and more premium it is not as durable.
Yeah only Truffle in UK/Europe as well. I’ll see if it’s on a demo car somewhere, but I had Merino in my X5 so I’m ok with not as durable.

I just wish it was a different colour though.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had Club leather (Atacama Biege in my 2nd Taycan) and normal leather. It's not really softer. It wears a bit nicer, generally has a higher quality look, but it's really not significantly different comfort or feel wise.

Olea opens up some nicer color options on other Porsches, but only brown on the Macan.

It's a nice leather but I'd choose the color you like. If that's Truffle Brown, great!

A SA will salivate if you are considering it as it's a "premium" option and dealerships are heavily incentived to push premium options.

OP
OP

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
To be honest, I’d prefer the chalk beige or black from a colour perspective.

Hopefully by the time I am ordering, there will be a greater choice anyway.