• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Delaying an order?

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi All,

Excited about the Macan EV coming earlier then anticipated.
As some others have said in the UK, the 4S model seems to be due for delivery much sooner then expected later this year.
Has anyone any experience of asking for the delivery to be delayed.
I had originally planned not to change my current vehicle till next year which would have fitted with the original order timelines.
If I order now, will dealer be able to move my build slot to later next year? Or do I just join the end of the queue again?

Cheers for any advice.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
I’m afraid I can’t answer your queries, but would suggest just asking your dealer.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You'll have to talk to your dealer but, to clarify, you get an allocation for a specific trim with a specific production date.

In order to change either of those things you need a different allocation that matches your desired trim and production date.

So to delay a delivery you would have to give up your allocation and get a new one. Call your SA.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
As said above, the Porsche production schedule waits for no one: that allocation slot will be built whether it’s for you or someone else.

If you no longer want that production date, you’ll need to get another slot for a production later on.
If your dealer has no slots for later on (yet), you’ll need to wait until they get assigned more slots.

Only your SA can tell you when the next one will be - but you’ll have to give up this slot.

Last edited:

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
I think it may depend which country you are in. I want mine in UK after reg number changes and before tax changes so March 2025. I have put returnable dposit down and dealer says if it comes a bit early they will hang on to it for me (I think a bit means a few weeks not months) but then they do expect 90%of their allocation to be at end of year or early 2025.