• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
Electrify America Expands Customer Charging Collaboration with Porsche Cars North America to Include the New Macan Electric

Macan Electric owners receive one year of complementary 30-minute sessions with Plug&Charge at over 970 stations nationwide.

Reston, VA (September 25, 2024)
- Electrify America and Porsche Cars North America have announced the extension of their charging agreement, which now includes the all-new Macan Electric. The charging benefit will provide owners of the Macan Electric with one year of complementary 30-minute charging sessions* at Electrify America charging stations coast-to-coast.

The all-new Macan Electric is the latest addition to the Porsche vehicle lineup. Its 800-volt architecture supports a 270-kilowatt (kW) potential charging speed under ideal conditions, making it one of the fastest charging speeds in the industry.

“The Macan Electric is perfectly complemented by our Hyper-Fast charging network delivering speeds of up to 350 kW,” said Robert Barrosa, president and CEO of Electrify America. “Beyond the impressive charging speeds, Macan customers will benefit from either the seamless Plug&Charge feature or using the My Porsche app to start charging. With Plug&Charge activated, drivers can simply plug in and start charging, streamlining their charging experience, and saving even more time.”

Porsche Macan Electric owners will have one year from the date of purchase to use the complimentary 30-minute charging sessions. * To activate the charging benefit, owners can enroll during the Porsche Charging Service process. In addition, drivers can use the app or in-vehicle navigation to locate nearby charging stations, verify charger availability, and navigate to the charging stations.

"We are excited to extend our collaboration with Electrify America and offer our customers the convenience of 30-minute charging sessions for the all-new Macan," said Timo Resch, President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America. "This charging benefit is a testament to our commitment to providing our customers with the best possible ownership experience and to supporting the growth of electric vehicles in the United States."

Electrify America is the largest open DC fast charging network with over 970 stations and 4,350 chargers in North America. Additionally, it is the first open DC fast-charging network to offer Plug&Charge technology to capable vehicles.

To learn more about the charging process, owners can visit the “What to expect when charging an electric vehicle” page on the Electrify America website.

* Idle fees may apply.

Last edited:

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
i don't remembe the details, but i think some of the marketing materials stated the car an get 100% charge in 20 minutes on the right architecture.
correct?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As stated above, 30 minutes on (a functioning) 350 kw charger will get you a full charge (90%). Note the key word is functioning, as the 350 kw chargers are notoriously fickle and unreliable.

I do not recommend going past 90% on superchargers, both for speed and battery longevity.

On the more common 150 kw charger you'll be around 50%-70% in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

craz8

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS, BMW Z8
Country flag
There is a video of Tesla Bjorn charging the Audi Q6 (same PPE platform) side by side with others. Posted on this site, but a YouTube search will find it too.

The 10-80 time looks fast as advertised, but it does slow down a lot after 80, as do all EV platforms.

No advertising would ever mention fast charging to 100%, since it will always be a terrible number!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
100% is unlikely in 30 min given how slow charging is after 93% - but high 80’s or low 90’s is very very plausible at 270/150 kw in 30 min - it was very common in my Taycan gen1

300 miles range is EPA norm for 100% charge - so 7% charge is 21 miles give/take of range - that 21 miles when fast charging is rarely an issue and not worth the 15-25 minutes it will take once you are above 93%

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did edit my post to echo @daveo4EV .

I'd consider a "full" charge on a supercharger to be 90%, 80% if it gets you to your destination charger.

On a normal level 2 charger I'd consider it 100%.

For daily commuting 80%.

For speed of charging and battery longevity, those are the rules I live by.

quaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
How is it that the EA free charging benefit is worse for Porsche than BMW when Volkswagen owns EA? For BMW's you get 2 years, and can do the free 30 mins in as many sessions as you'd like, but for the Porsche it's only once a day?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
used to be 3 years for Porsche Taycan - but honestly doesn't matter cause EA doesn't really work all that often so you won't be using it anyways unless you want to spiral into frustration attempting to use the worse charging network on the planet.

having access to included/free 30 minute sessions at EA is like offering me expired week old moldy bread that has been sitting out in the sun for several weeks…also if you have home charging you're not going to use EA or any other fast charging network all that often - it's only during road trips and that is only twice a day at most with Macan - 2 fast charging stops is 900 miles of driving in a single day - not a lot of days that I drive 900 miles even when road tripping - that's 15 hours for driving time at 60 mph average speed in a 24 hour day…

https://chargedevs.com/features/how...o-teslas-arms-ev-charging-is-changing-part-1/

Last edited:

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Counterpoint: during my last 4 roadtrips in the US North East, with about a dozen EA charging stops, all were flawless: no wait to charge, 350kw stations delivering juice to my EV, all free with the Hyundai free 30min sessions.