• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Further delays?!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The flooding was in southern Germany, and I'm assuming this will then affect cars made at Stuttgart. The EV Macan is being made at Leipzig in Northeastern Germany. Just FWIW, no source just putting together the dots.

Bertone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C30, Volvo 780
Country flag
Reuters.com

July 23 (Reuters) - Porsche AG cut its sales and profit outlook on Tuesday due to an unexpected aluminium alloy supply shortage, sending the German company's shares down 4% to the bottom of Frankfurt's blue-chip index.

Flooding at an unspecified European contractor has hurt supply of aluminium alloy, the luxury sports car maker said, affecting production of all its models and possibly leading to shutdowns for one or more vehicle series.

Porsche said the alloy supplier, which it did not name, had declared force majeure in writing, meaning it was unable to meet its contractual obligations due to events outside its control.

Bernstein analysts said the flooding occurred at a Swiss supplier, and would lead to the production loss of at least 10,000-17,400 vehicles in the second half of 2024.

At the high end, that figure is equivalent to over 11% of Porsche's first-half deliveries.

The company said it was to be expected that the delays in the production and delivery of vehicles would not be fully compensated for in the rest of the year.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Macan represents about a third of the sales and Cayenne another third. We can imagine the production should be kind of in line with these ratios.

If it impacts all cars across the board, that would mean between 3k and 5.5k Macans impacted in H2.

Bertone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C30, Volvo 780
Country flag
Pomona.ch (02/07/2024)

Constellium and Novelis shut down for an «indefinite period» after Rhone floods
Between Sierre and Chippis, the aluminum industry was devastated by the flooding of the Rhone on Sunday. This means that a scenario that has been feared for 25 years has come true.

Macan EV Further delays?! IMG_1706

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
The manager of my AD has just discovered the news by me. He has just told me that he is going to ask directly to the brand to get more info.

I will share with all of you any update.

Macan EV Further delays?! 0eb18f35-e94e-4a84-ad3e-731264ad0982

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The manager of my AD has just discovered the news by me. He has just told me that he is going to ask directly to the brand to get more info.

0eb18f35-e94e-4a84-ad3e-731264ad0982.png
May be worth buying the dip. 🙃

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Asked 2 dealers I speak to regularly and none of them heard anything from HQ re: delays for now.

Let’s see if/when this incident starts impacting them.

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Update from Porsche:

It seems that they do not expect any delay in the cars already assigned. This means that they probably have sufficient aluminium stocked to meet the demand already agreed upon.

In September will be new updates from Porsche to dealers...

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Asked my SA to check my Macan 4 status and everything is still the same (delivery planned for sept 18 to the dealer). He had some info about possible delays for October but, at the moment, only for Taycan.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
You folks get a pool online yet to see who can get closest to actually getting their key in hand as relates to their promised delivery? My date is the same as @Diego and we are in different continents, so it seems like it is a big marketing department driven release : /

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any news about next delivery delay to end of november early december?