• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Has anyone taken delivery of a sport chrono equipped car yet?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Fun TC Driving I mean, Sports Chrono doesn't significantly improve the speed. It's a couple fractions of a second. It does tune the accelerator more aggressively, and the general driving characteristics, but mashing the pedal won't be significantly faster in Sports Plus.

The Macan Turbo is only a bit faster than an iX M60. You'll need to wait for a Turbo S, which they'll certainly do in the next year, if you want something more significant.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Thank. You. Glad to hear you also are saying the Turbo is very quick. The turbo I drove was a good bit slower than our iX M60 from every speed that I tried full doing a full pedal rolling acceleration from about 10 MPH up to about 60 MPH. As to why?

I do not need the Macan EV Turbo to accelerate faster than our iX, but to me it needs to be roughly in that same ballpark.

I am very pleased to have read what you and Wawando posted about the Turbo having exciting acceleration. The one I drove’s acceleration was not that. I need to test drive a different one.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Abarth 500e, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
We have an iX M60 as well, I noticed the lacklustre acceleration when I took the Taycan GTS for an extended day long test drive…until I put it into Sport or Sport Plus mode. Then it brought it close to the M60 experience in terms of acceleration.

On paper the Macan Turbo should bring this level of performance or more. I’m hoping it does. I have a Macan Turbo on order too.