• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Have Taycan - should I switch to Macan?

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY22 4S. Enjoyed the car but it was in the shop for 6 weeks for an AC issue and now it has been in the shop with an unspecified issue for a week. They suspect the HV battery has failed but the car is completely dead and they are unable to access comms for error info. If it’s a HV replacement, we are talking 8 weeks.

Would I be crazy to consider switching to a Macan EV? This is my first Porsche and I did love the car when I had it. I have a loaner macan ICE and there is no doubt it is easier to get in and out of and quite a comfortable drive. More spacious to give more than one person a ride. I miss the tech of my Taycan and the punchiness at all speeds.

Has anyone done this and do you have any regrets or are you happy with the move?

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Switched from a 12/22 4S ST to a Macan Turbo. I do not regret ;)
In total i am happy with the change. IMHO especially the getting in (gravity on your side) and getting out (gravity not on your side) is a game changer. It was not the "depth" more the small space to enter the car.
You will not miss punchiness if you change from a atycan 4s to a macan turbo.

So goodbye taycan and hello macan.

Electric Macan EV Have Taycan - should I switch to Macan? tay

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Switched from a 12/22 4S ST to a Macan Turbo. I do not regret ;)
In total i am happy with the change. IMHO especially the getting in (gravity on your side) and getting out (gravity not on your side) is a game changer. It was not the "depth" more the small space to enter the car.
You will not miss punchiness if you change from a atycan 4s to a macan turbo.

So goodbye taycan and hello macan.

tay.jpg
Thank you. Some say it’s a downgrade and perhaps it is. But the turbo would be faster, better range and newer tech. Plus as you say, a more comfortable entry/exit.

Does it fix the awful surround camera and center console issues? That would be a nice bonus.

Downsides perhaps not quite as stylish and handling is probably not quite as good?

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Downgrade? Maybe a point of view. I do not feel this way but i was never like "e class better than c class"...
I always had a preference on mid size suvs, my glc 63 s amg was one of my favorite cars.
I would say the awful sorrund camera improved from awful to less awful - still not impressed and i don´t untersand it, cause our 12/23 cayenne has a much better sorrund camera. no fisheye but kinda "laggy".

I like the handling very much but you can feel the higher focus. The additional height and weight is there...

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Tried a Taycan 4 CT yesterday (all day test) and I am not impressed by it. I think it's "slower" than my Macan 4 (or at leaste less reactive even in Sport + mode). And this test confirmed the one I did more than a year ago on first generation TYcan (and lead me to not consider it as a replacement).
The Macan is heavier but the Taycan is longer and to me the last aspect is mandatory (otherwise I would have taken a Model X).
So I don''t see the Macan as a downgrade from Tycan but it's something else. We are not all the same, have different needs and love different "kind" of car.
From what I read you have a lot of doubts and I think the only tip I could give you @Henke is to test it (now you can, something we all first users can't do before ordering the car).
Say hello to your beautiful California: looking forward to be there in January (I miss California and being there twice a year are not enough ;) )

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4, MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I switched from a Taycan ST 2021 to a Macan 4 a week ago. The main reason is a much easier entry. I agree with everything Grizzler and Diego say.

I've also had a lot of issues with the Taycan, including a hum. I have written a number of theaths about it on the Taycan forum. The Macan makes me feel like my time as a guinea pig for Porsche has helped. Furthermore, I think the Macan 4 is faster than my RWD Taycan. I fell in love with the looks at the time and still think it is beautiful. However, the Macan is also beautiful in real life. Sturdy, more compact.

The disadvantage of what is happening to you now with the Taycan can also be an advantage. Arrange a test drive for a few days, as Diego says. Just in a Macan 4. More than enough power.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Macan EV is so new that there is always a risk becoming a guinea pig, again.
Putting aside the pre-delivery issues for specific cars and/or dealerships, the Macan EV looks solid so far.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I suggest you test drive the Macan EV Turbo when one becomes available at a local dealership or at the LA PEC. If you’re concerned about speed and punchlines, then order the Turbo or at least the 4S.