• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Heated Windshield - any photos?

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
Is there any part in particular you're looking to see? I was also wondering before my car came. It has the purple hue / infrared film layer that keeps the heat out. I haven't tested the heat but here are some photos. The last two photos are showing the cutout for cellular/transponder reception.

Anyway, i love the heated windshield option, i wouldn't order a car without it. I may opt for the thermally & noise insulated glass next time even though it may reduce mobile reception.

Electric Macan EV Heated Windshield - any photos? IMG_1690.JPG

Electric Macan EV Heated Windshield - any photos? IMG_2087.JPG

Electric Macan EV Heated Windshield - any photos? IMG_2089

OP
OP

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thanks, was wondering how apparent it was. It looks like you can't see the wires for the heating element, is that right? I was worried it would annoy me having it highly visible.

Last edited:

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Thanks, was wondering how apparent it was. It looks like you can't see the wires for the heating element, is that right? I was worried it would annoy me having it highly visible.
I have the heated windscreen on my 2023 Macan, and as far as I’m aware, Porsche do not use wires for the heating element inside their screens, as they use some sort of heating film sandwiched between the glass panels.

My screen looks a little golden colour in certain light situations, but definitely no wires or other distractions are visible.

IMHO, it’s a great option, especially with our UK weather😁