• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

I've Got My Lease Options: What's the verdict?

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'd also love to see what you originally posted. I saw in a Google search for this thread that you asked about whether it's worth just buying instead of leasing, but Google didn't have the full post cached.

quaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
This is what i got from my dealer. I was considering between leasing or just buying with cash, I think I am gonna go the cash route as this seems excessively bad.
Macan EV I've Got My Lease Options: What's the verdict? lease

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Yes, same here. Cash purchase.

Dragon Tourniquet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX
Country flag
So long as the early buyout and fees isn't bad you could do the lease and then buy it out a week later.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I looked over my lease today. Similar to above, it's very bad.
39 mo/12k miles
MF .00390
Residual 56%

Buyout is remainder of the payments in full + residual.

If you buy out day one you're getting hammered, 12-15k over cash price.

It's $122,827 for 39months/12k if you buy out at the end, $97,820 MSRP. That includes the tax rebate. Very ugly numbers.

Dragon Tourniquet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX
Country flag
Buyout is remainder of the payments in full + residual.
Is that definitely correct, or is it the rent charge portion of the payments, which would exclude the interest portion. That's what I've normally seen for buyouts, but I've never dealt with Porsche before.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is that definitely correct, or is it the rent charge portion of the payments, which would exclude the interest portion. That's what I've normally seen for buyouts, but I've never dealt with Porsche before.
It includes interest, at least that's what I was told. Porsche leases have always been brutally bad.

I also know many companies are taking that approach with EV leases now, too, to avoid people leasing and immediately buying out to backdoor the tax rebate. Rivian is another example.

But always check for yourself, I'm just dealing with one SA and I was never intending to lease so I'm not negotiating or anything.