• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?)

andy.marin

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lucid Air Touring, 2017 Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Getting ready to finalize my configuration. I’m going Volcano gray and still debating chalk leather package vs limestone leather interior. Does anyone know what the dashboard top in front of passenger is made of for the leather package? Is it plasticky or is it just a lower grade leather or a faux leather? I prefer the chalk against the gray exterior, but I really like having the leather dashboard in my other Porsches I’ve owned in the past.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I’m interested in the responses since I’m configuring a Volcano Grey Macan as well. What side blades are you going with — standard, high gloss black or painted in exterior color?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
I’m interested in the responses since I’m configuring a Volcano Grey Macan as well. What side blades are you going with — standard, high gloss black or painted in exterior color?
Painted in exterior color.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Getting ready to finalize my configuration. I’m going Volcano gray and still debating chalk leather package vs limestone leather interior. Does anyone know what the dashboard top in front of passenger is made of for the leather package? Is it plasticky or is it just a lower grade leather or a faux leather? I prefer the chalk against the gray exterior, but I really like having the leather dashboard in my other Porsches I’ve owned in the past.
I had a similar question so I went to dealership and sat in cars with various interiors. My conclusion was that no interior looks cheap and the addition of leather parts are not noticeable unless you are looking for them. So yeah there is more of a premium look as you pan around but was not as dramatic as I thought. I suggest you do the same and see how you feel about it. On an aside the thing I did find more noticeable was the variety of steering wheels. I opted for the carbon fibre inlay after I saw one, and since you’re staring at the steering wheel more than your seat or dash I figured it was a better value. Regarding the dash material, I was concerned about the cheapness, but the materials are very good quality and unless you get different stitching, you probably won’t notice the difference.. finally if you really go all out and do two tone seats with various stitching then that will make a big difference, but then you’re paying for it so there you have it.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would counter with the fact I owned a Taycan 4S with the standard partial leather and then a Turbo S with full leather and would never spec less than full leather.

It's fine without full leather but the leather dash is much nicer and you look at it constantly.

*edit* it appears the leather package has been changed and does give you basically all the same leather coverage.

Last edited:

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
high gloss black for contrast

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Partial leather will almost certainly NOT cover the dash. You will get no leather on the dash with partial.

The descriptions are the options. The visual configurator is put together by their media/art team and mistakes are common. It even warns you of this on the configurator.

AFAIK, every press car has had full leather. Until we see partial leather in person we can't confirm, but there's no reason for it to have a leather dash.
Agreed, will need to see in person.

If you look at the standard Black/Turbonite partial leather option, it does state the dash upper section will have turbonite stitching (which means leather, they don’t stitch plastic).

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_1232

in the Black/Chalk partial leather option, they don’t mention it but still show the stitching in the rendering of the upper dash.

We will know for sure soon…

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Edited to avoid confusion. It does seem Partial Leather gives you a leather dash.

Last edited:

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Excellent sleuthing PanameraFrank. Confirmed even further in that the top leather package in the 4 costs more than it does on the 4S, and costs the least extra in the Turbo.

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Oh, I think we just found what's happening.

The TURBO gets leather dash standard. Non-Turbo models DO NOT. Deviated stitching in lower models REQUIRES full leather upgrade.

The configurator for base/4/4S may be mistakenly showing the TURBO partial leather, which DOES include the leather dash, instead of the base/4/4S Partial Leather package, which does NOT include leather dash and is an entirely different option.

This would also line up with the other similar models, where Turbo gets a higher interior standard, base cars get almost nothing, and S cars get something in between.
The ICE Macan partial leather package includes leather on the upper dash w/ stitching so i'm not sure if Porsche forgot to add that part in the description for the electric Macan. Oddly enough the configurator shows a leather upper dash w/ stitching when you select the option on a Macan 4S for instance, but this could possibly be a mistake! I'll have to check w/ my SA