• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
@nulled the hash cut on the laminated glass is for transponders and other items such as radar detectors can transmit signal. without the infrared film blocks all signal. Congrats on your Macan!

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
I do like the frosted white Porsche lettering on the rear tail lights.

The turbo comes with black as standard and I don't think it looks as good. there are spots where the black paint is missing so the edge of the lettering stands out clear and looks cracked/chipped.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
Nce review, love your car. Enjoy it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
This is my second car, so take my review/impressions with a pinch of salt.

Exterior
- Aimed for a minimal look, as my ultimate goal was a Rivian (not available in Europe).
- Happy with the basic white color; it pairs nicely with the black accents.
- The white Porsche lettering at the rear is matte/frosted, giving it a cool appearance. Initially, I regretted not choosing the black version, but the white looks great.
- Off-road wheels provide contrast to the elegant body curves, but I like the contrast. If I had a second chance, I’d go for the Spyder wheels.
- Charging flap has a bit of getting used to but I don't regret optioning it as I forget closing the manual ones because of Tesla.
- Side blades in a body colour was a good move.

Interior
- Chose the standard interior, and my feelings are mixed:
- Hard plastic with a leather texture in the center console feels cheap and isn’t well-molded in some areas.
- The beige colour is darker than what you see in the configurator but I still like it.
- Despite the plastic, it still feels well-made, though leather might add more premium details.
- The design feels like it lacked exploration of different materials. For example, the Polestar 2’s interior looks and feels better despite being all plastic.
- Comfortable non-leather seats, though they seem designed for larger people. I need to stretch a bit to comfortably rest my arms on the center console and door rest (I’m 177 cm, 56 kg).
- Bose sound system is excellent—very balanced and superior to the Model 3 I drove for two years. It's not as loud and round but more crisp in my opinion.
- The laminated glass option makes the cabin quieter, but there’s noticeable noise from the panoramic roof.
- Standard steering wheel instead of the GT wheel, and I’m satisfied with it.
- Door buttons feel a bit flimsy compared to the Polestar 2 and even the Tesla. I feel like I could brake them if pull/press a bit harder.
- Would recommend a more premium interior option if you want better finishes. The center console is the most disappointing aspect of the standard interior.
- I didn't spec the sport sound and I kind of regret it because the car has very nice sound designs (minus the belt rattle)
- The laminated glass has some strange pattern/cutout around the rear mirror that is bit ugly but you only notice it when you are looking directly at it.
-Interior is specious but the visibility is sporty. You don't get the same Papa Mobile vibe you get in the Tesla like you are driving an aquarium. Which I miss but I do like the extra privacy the Macan gives.
- No passenger display and no regrets. I like the integration of the display with the dash and the central vents.

Charging
- I use the Charge Connect (the one with the display)—it’s the only way to have more control over charging, which is disappointing since this should be standard.
- Using the Route Planner is easier than Tesla. You also get access to real time info about charging satiations (availability, last used, operator, payment methods, etc.). I thought I will be missing Tesla's seamless charging experience but Porsche is doing a better job because it gives you access to 1000 of chargers not just a few Superchargers (in Portugal). Payment is via a card, plug and charge (similar to Tesla) or app. Only downside is that you need to keep an eye on Payment method because some chargers don't support all ways.

Comfort Entry
- Works well for locking and unlocking the car.
- Opening the trunk and frunk with a gesture works but it takes some getting used to. Sometimes the touch is not enough, sometime it's too sensitive, etc.

Innodrive
- Smooth cornering, but the stalk takes some time to get used to.
- Occasionally received emergency shutdown warnings, with the seatbelt tightening as if the car thought I was having a medical emergency. This happened even while I was alert and driving on the highway. I wore a cap so maybe it couldn't see my eyes or something?!

Infotainment
- Super responsive! Although I’m not a fan of the redesign, it’s very modern and up to date.
- I wish the black theme had more contrast, similar to the Taycan.
- The user experience is so well-done that you could use it without CarPlay if the built-in navigation included speed cameras and more accurate routes (it sometimes takes me down narrow roads where Google Maps and Waze don’t).

Driving
- The Macan 4 offers plenty of power, with smooth steering (optioned the Powersteer Plus and rear steering).
- Initially regretted that 4 doesn't have the torque vectoring option, but the driving experience is already fantastic—much better than the Polestar 2, Model 3, Model Y, Audi Q5, Defender, and Fiat 500e (the cars I've driven. The most specced one was the Audi and the Macan beats that).
- I miss one-pedal driving, but the precision of the brake and accelerator pedals makes up for it, and I even prefer this setup in some situations.
- The gentle creeping is well-implemented, making it great for slow traffic.
- For a new driver like me, I enjoy the communication light that warns me of danger 😅
- Absolutely loving the dash display. Looks great and the gages are very well thought of.
- Parking is super easy compared to Tesla. You get a nice top view and some sort to visualisation about possible damage of the car if you don't correct the manoeuvre. Super useful to have actual cameras and sensors.
- Matrix LEDs are giving you lots of visibility at night but I wish they had HD as an option. The ones I had on the Audi were absolutely unreal. These ones are closer to Tesla's but more accurately blocking cars.

Off-Road Performance
- Tried a trail, and the Macan 4 managed decently but not as well as a Defender so I am not taking it to Iceland that's for sure 😅
- Experienced some aggressive bouncing over uneven terrain, even when driving slowly.
- Overall, it’s more suited for city driving rather than serious off-roading.

App
- It works but I think they need (and they probably are already working on it) a complete redesign.
- The usage of stock photos to explain certain features is very 2010...
- Not having proper visualisation of the car but instead a list of checkbox (windows closed/open, lights on of/ etc) is very cheap.
- Not being able to use the App as a key is the biggest drawback for me. I loved the auto lock/unlock of the Tesla.
-

Issues
- Had issues with the car not going into drive, often due to doors not being fully closed—learning to slam the doors properly now. Sometimes it happens if you don't put your seatbelt on but only sometimes ?!
- Experienced a rattle from the passenger seatbelt, but adjusting it fixed it (mostly).
- Pedestrian sound error on the dash, then disappeared and couldn't find it in the notifications.
- 200km on a breaks still squeak loudly when coming to a stop or turning around.
- Car shutting down when entering because sometimes I touch the locking sensor as I grab the handle...
- Front doors not closing as easily as the rear but it might be normal behaviour

Overall it's just a magical thing to drive. I totally understand the following of the brand and why people get very religious about it. Not going to be my only Porsche that's for sure 😅

Code: https://www.porsche-code.com/PRWPMFX5

DO01010231.jpg

DO01010225.jpg

DO01010228.jpg

DO01010218.jpg

DO01010220.jpg

DO01010226.jpg

DO01010229.jpg

DO01010233.jpg

DO01010235.jpg

DO01010236.jpg

DO01010237.jpg

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 16.55.22.jpg

DO01010240.jpg
The dots around the mirror are on most if not all new cars these days - it's essential for heat (sunlight) dissipation.

OP
OP
nulled

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
The dots around the mirror are on most if not all new cars these days - it's essential for heat (sunlight) dissipation.
the dots are fine. But there is a pixelated texture to let infrared in and out for transmission. That’s the thing I don’t like.