• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV Owners Now Recommended Options (Pros & Cons)?

Hutchie

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB SLK
Country flag
1. PRICE NEGOITATION: Firstly, how many new owners shopped around with various dealers for the best price? How successful were you in finding better deals or is the price mainly the price?

2. POWER/MODEL: My sense is that the Macan 4 will be enough power for the average 'non racing car driver', especially once the novelty of the EV starts has worn off. Thoughts?

3. EV WHEELS/TIRES: What is the best wheel size to strike the balance between everyday driving comfort vs performance vs replacement durability? I like the look of the 22inch wheels but is the sacrifice in ride and regular replacement too much? Is the 21inch wheel option a better compromise? Do you always need EV specific tires? How many miles should I expect before replacing tires?

Many thanks in advance for your responses :)

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
1. On a base Macan, maybe. On a Turbo, given the few allocations out there, doubt youā€™ll get any discount from anyone.

2. Iā€™m only a ā€œamateur race car driver wannabeā€ and the 4 doesnā€™t work for me. The 4S should be ok, the Turbo is what Iā€™m getting.
The EV effect wonā€™t wear off on me, been driving them for years and I want my speed - especially if Iā€™m buying a Porsche. But I totally get that a ā€œsoccer momā€ (to use the same type of stereotype as you šŸ™ƒ) would be content with a base 4.

3. For comfort go with 20ā€. For a balance of comfort with sportiness go with 21ā€. As for the miles youā€™ll put on either, will depend on too many factors - including driving style. šŸ˜‰

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
i've been to two different dealerships, and they aren't trying to give anything off the car. They expect MSRP.
I had one dealership offer the rubber floor mats for free....The other were willing to give me the Rear steering for "free" if i leased...But since i've decided against the lease, i don't think it's on the table...

4S for a good balance of power and price...

I don't know about how the size could effect range/ride quality...so my plan is to shoot the middle and get 21's. Others on here have said the 22's were pretty rough.... the crazy part, is, i find it hard to tell the different sizes apart from just lookin at them

OP
OP

Hutchie

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB SLK
Country flag
i've been to two different dealerships, and they aren't trying to give anything off the car. They expect MSRP.
I had one dealership offer the rubber floor mats for free....The other were willing to give me the Rear steering for "free" if i leased...But since i've decided against the lease, i don't think it's on the table...

4S for a good balance of power and price...

I don't know about how the size could effect range/ride quality...so my plan is to shoot the middle and get 21's. Others on here have said the 22's were pretty rough.... the crazy part, is, i find it hard to tell the different sizes apart from just lookin at them
Thanks Philip :)