• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
Great progress today! successful software update on the Turbo! They actually let me take it out for a while - drives like a Porsche and the turbo has impressive neck straining power. Committed to deliver it to me on Monday afternoon. :clap: Rear axle steering and AR heads up display are sweet. Not a fan of the outer fake car noise at low speeds.

Macan EV Macan EV Software Update delaying delivery! IMG_5404

Macan EV Macan EV Software Update delaying delivery! IMG_5405

OP
OP

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
Great progress today! successful software update on the Turbo! They actually let me take it out for a while - drives like a Porsche and the turbo has impressive neck straining power. Committed to deliver it to me on Monday afternoon. :clap: Rear axle steering and AR heads up display are sweet. Not a fan of the outer fake car noise at low speeds.

IMG_5404.jpeg

IMG_5405.jpeg
How was the RAS when driving? I only test drove a dealers Macan 4 without it and it felt kind of uneven when turning, I did option for it on mine though.

Doggo

First Name
Doggo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Turbo stuck with the dealer for the last week - can't clear the error codes in order to perform the update. Amazing start.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Tri-state. January 2024 order.

Seems Porsche have wrecked alot of their dealers as they can't figure it out.
I was wondering which dealership specifically - looking for a datapoint.

Seems some dealerships in Jersey have been doing better than others for instance.

Doggo

First Name
Doggo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
I was wondering which dealership specifically - looking for a datapoint.

Seems some dealerships in Jersey have been doing better than others for instance.
NJ - Edison.

Having a tech background I'm not sure how Porsche stuff this up so badly. Fresh from the factory, updates fail.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
NJ - Edison.

Having a tech background I'm not sure how Porsche stuff this up so badly. Fresh from the factory, updates fail.
Porsche excels at Mechanical engineering…

software updates, planning for them, software architecture, and in particular designing complex integrated software systems for future updates is not mechanical engineering…

digital is not Porsche's thing…