• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

My Delivery is Thursday September 19 in Denmark

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Congrats, I hope to be next but still waiting for confirmation from SA 🤞🏻

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
Just got the call that my car is ready to pick up Thursday. Black Macan 4
Lucky you! Any infos about the software update? Send us some pics on Thursday! Have fun!

OP
OP
ThomasDK

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Just changed it to Friday because of some work.
I will take a picture and post

First Name
Ina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV ordered
Country flag
I just received a phone call from my car dealer, that they don’t manage to get the software update working. So they postponed the date from planned 19th to sone day in the future, but they cannot confirm, when, as they don’t know when it is going to work. Really frustrating.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
I just received a phone call from my car dealer, that they don’t manage to get the software update working. So they postponed the date from planned 19th to sone day in the future, but they cannot confirm, when, as they don’t know when it is going to work. Really frustrating.
hum I hope the software update issue is not a fleet wide problem but maybe a dealer specific process issue, It would be sad if they are still messing around with this software installation at this stage

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
It would be sad if they are still messing around with this software installation at this stage
My local dealer said that they need to install a mandatory software update on all incoming Macans. They're receiving their demo cars this week but won't be able to do test drives until next week because of it.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
My local dealer said that they need to install a mandatory software update on all incoming Macans. They're receiving their demo cars this week but won't be able to do test drives until next week because of it.
Yup 2 updates are required, there’s a notice affixed to every car about it. Some dealers are doing better than others at performing the updates…

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
ah...I wonder how long it takes to do a software update. I would assume 1 - 2 hours tops if it is like an OTA update. Anyway, it seems strange that a dealer would not know when they could complete the task. I am from the software world so I have a pet peeve with installation issues showing up post release. Let’s hope it’s just a training issue

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Based on my experience, last-minute software launches rarely go smoothly—especially on a Friday. I wouldn’t recommend scheduling it for a Friday unless the team plans to work through the weekend 😅 Are we paying for being Porsche's software Guinea pigs

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
Based on my experience, last-minute software launches rarely go smoothly—especially on a Friday. I wouldn’t recommend scheduling it for a Friday unless the team plans to work through the weekend 😅 Are we paying for being Porsche's software Guinea pigs
New hardware, new software, product is unfamiliar to mechanics, big bang deployment... Countless things can go wrong.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
All the techs at my dealer did a full day training last Friday to learn the car So I think that they should be ready and able to manage the update but yes, when you talk about new software and new hardware everything is possible…

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
My dealer said that only 1 car worked so far and is blaiming Porsche corporation for the issue 🤨
I was messaging a different dealer near me and he said that all the dealers in the area are having issues with the updates and it might take a couple of weeks to resolve? The first one still says their demo cars will be available next week. We'll see.