• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Excellent review on PEC. Almost as good as making the trip.

Just before my freeze date, noticed that Sport Plus was made standard as Hulz99 said, so I removed Sport Chrono from my build. Everything else in my build was all digital including, HUD, Surround View, and excellent standard instrument cluster. An analog clock in an all digital dash seemed out of placeā€¦

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Thanks for the write-up on the Macan EV experience at PEC ATL! I'm surprised they haven't been flooded with test drive participants consider what even a 90 minute session at PEC costs. I was an early adopter of the Taycan in 2020 and went through all of Porsche's v1.0 growing pains. I hope they've ironed some of those out for this product that's aimed at an even more mainstream audience.
Same, very surprised they have so many open spots. They even give you a free drink/snack on top of a joy ride - and you donā€™t have to pay to visit their little museum.

Really hoping their Taycan experience means a more robust Macan. But new platform so who knows? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

BTW, I hope you had a great time at PTX at Barber! I was there in June for Masters. Cess, John L, Doug, and John E were all fabulous instructors. It exceeded my expectations, even having done HPDEs for 6+ years now!
Superb team of instructors, I would add Andre and Sherman to your list. Been meaning to do a little write-up about Barber but not had a chance yet.

100% would go back, it was challenging (in a positive way), learnt tons and had a blast!

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent review on PEC. Almost as good as making the trip.

Just before my freeze date, noticed that Sport Plus was made standard as Hulz99 said, so I removed Sport Chrono from my build. Everything else in my build was all digital including, HUD, Surround View, and excellent standard instrument cluster. An analog clock in an all digital dash seemed out of placeā€¦
Thank you!

Note however Sport Plus does require the Sports Chrono package. Without it, the drive mode wheel will only go through Normal/Sport/Off road.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may be right, but the configurator lists it as standard equipment in the adaptive air suspension section (which is standard in US builds). Open your build and scroll down to Standard Equipment in the summary and click on it. You should see what Iā€™m showing in the screenshot below. This was not true when I started the specification process.
I brought this to the attention of my SA who didnā€™t dispute it.

Macan EV My Macan EV Experience @ PEC ATL -- Q&A + AMA IMG_0277

Last edited:
OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may be right, but the configurator lists it as standard equipment in the adaptive air suspension section (which is standard in US builds). Open your build and scroll down to Standard Equipment in the summary and click on it. You should see what Iā€™m showing in the screenshot below. This was not true when I started the specification process. I brought this to the attention of my SA who didnā€™t dispute it.

IMG_0277.png
This just reads as being able to set the suspension to Sport Plus - not activating the Sport Plus driving mode on the steering wheel.

Hope Iā€™m wrongā€¦ but so far everything indicates Iā€™m not.

SupremeHustle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X4M Comp, F-Type R
Country flag
You may be right, but the configurator lists it as standard equipment in the adaptive air suspension section (which is standard in US builds). Open your build and scroll down to Standard Equipment in the summary and click on it. You should see what Iā€™m showing in the screenshot below. This was not true when I started the specification process.

IMG_0277.png
I think you need the Sport Chrono Package. Take a look at this screenshot.
Macan EV My Macan EV Experience @ PEC ATL -- Q&A + AMA Screenshot 2024-08-17 at 3.01.10ā€ÆPM

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Thank you!

Note however Sport Plus does require the Sports Chrono package. Without it, the drive mode wheel will only go through Normal/Sport/Off road.
That is correct, sorry for the confusion! Sports plus mode does in fact require sports chrono (not to mention the cool looking clock). I think as w the current ice Macan you can still switch the suspension into sports plus setting even without sports chrono but might want to check w the SA on that. I find the sports chrono package absolutely worth it w updated throttle mapping, PSM sport mode and more emotive sports sound

Last edited:
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is correct, sorry for the confusion! Sports plus mode does in fact require sports chrono (not to mention the cool looking clock). I think as w the current you can still switch the suspension into sports plus setting even without sports chrono but might want to check w the SA on that
Also sorry for the confusion and thanks for the clarification. During configuration, you really need to expand all the standard equipment sections or miss such details. The verbiage has also changed over time. Since this is mostly software dependent (Chrono aside) Porsche can implement this as they choose.