• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Great additions to the line! 4S looks like a nice upgrade but still sticking with my Turbo order.

This update also introduces new colors and wheels, as well as the roof rails in turbonite!

Will have to go play with the configurator. 😅

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
The 4S looks like a no brainer over the 4 now!! Slate Grey Neo looks fantastic, I’m going to swap that for ice grey on my turbo build

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The 4S renders the 4 pointless for 9 out of 10 buyers. With even moderate options, it immediately out values the 4. My 4S spec is only a couple grand more with better wheels.

Ridiculous timing & pricing from Porsche. Bizarre stuff. The 4 already was struggling in NA (you can get an allocation for it today at a number of US dealerships) and this will make that even more.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 4S renders the 4 pointless for 9 out of 10 buyers. With even moderate options, it immediately out values the 4. My 4S spec is only a couple grand more with better wheels.

Ridiculous timing & pricing from Porsche. Bizarre stuff. The 4 already was struggling in NA (you can get an allocation for it today at a number of US dealerships) and this will make that even more.
On the flip side, that may make the Macan more attractive and they can update these unused 4 allocations to build 4s (or RWD) trims?

If they were indeed struggling with the base 4, that move could help the ones who wanted an in-between and were waiting.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On the flip side, that may make the Macan more attractive and they can update these unused 4 allocations to build 4s (or RWD) trims?

If they were indeed struggling with the base 4, that move could help the ones who wanted an in-between and were waiting.
Oh, for sure. The 4S is the best trim for almost every Porsche. It was always bizarre they offered a 4 before a 4S.

At around 100k with really good options, 3.9 0.60 (meaning closer to 3.5 real world), and better range than a Turbo due to the motor setup.. the 4S is just the best value of the line, easily. The new Macan S 20" wheels are decent, too, and the choice for anyone that values range. I also prefer the overall drive on my Taycan with 20s over 21s.
It's the car everyone should order in NA. I'm not super familiar with EU specs so can't comment there.

As someone that's owned both a Taycan 4S (2 years) and a Turbo S (1 year), I recommend the 4S wholeheartedly. You will NOT be disappointed by the power of a 4S and it's more usable on a daily basis.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Sincerely I tried to configure a 4S with the same option I choose for my 4 and I don't see any improvement (apart the red brake).I don't like the new colors (except the personalized ones but clearly out of my budget and the use I have to do with this car) I don't need the added HPs and the 4S will cost me more (3K€) and reduce my expected range. But it's my opinion.

I really wish the new GUI is simply a bad render... it's awful (I bought a Porsche not a MB with bluish display)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sincerely I tried to configure a 4S with the same option I choose for my 4 and I don't see any improvement (apart the red brake).I don't like the new colors (except the personalized ones but clearly out of my budget and the use I have to do with this car) I don't need the added HPs and the 4S will cost me more (3K€) and reduce my expected range. But it's my opinion.

I really wish the new GUI is simply a bad render... it's awful (I bought a Porsche not a MB with bluish display)
*EDIT* I stand corrected, Macan doesn't have a range mode. So yes, slight drop in range but probably very, very minor.

The other thing I noticed, though, is the change on pricing and standard options. A MY24 4 has a lot less standard and is more expensive, the MY25 4 has had options moved standard (for NA at least) and the price is lower overall.

Last edited:

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 4S will not reduce expected range in Range mode. It will slightly reduce range in Normal, which is what they use for the testing. In Range mode it is only the front motor which is the same as the 4, only the rear motor changes.

The other thing I noticed, though, is the change on pricing and standard options. A MY24 4 has a lot less standard and is more expensive, the MY25 4 has had options moved standard (for NA at least) and the price is lower overall.

So basically anyone that had a MY24 on order should, well, cancel it.
Is there a Range mode on the Macan? Thought it was a Taycan thing only.
I believe Macan has Normal, Off Road, Sport and Sport + (if Chrono Package for the latter).

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 4S will not reduce expected range in Range mode. It will slightly reduce range in Normal, which is what they use for the testing. In Range mode it is only the front motor which is the same as the 4, only the rear motor changes.
There's no Range Mode on the Macan for what I know, but I may be wrong

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

On my end, configuring the 4S to match my Turbo order, the price difference is $8,140.
Not bad savings, the price could go a little lower by removing a couple of things from the Turbo I could live without.

The 4S is a very compelling offer as @PanameraFrank mentioned... but I think I'll stick with my Turbo for the extra oomph.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@tmrqs OK from Turbo to S I can understand but for me (but it's my opinion) fro 4 to 4S doesn't make me happier than how I am (but I can consider to delete my order if the display GUIs stay like in the latest render :puke:)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@tmrqs OK from Turbo to S I can understand but for me (but it's my opinion) fro 4 to 4S doesn't make me happier than how I am (but I can consider to delete my order if the display GUIs stay like in the latest render :puke:)
For sure! My post is more meant for people uncertain what to do. The 4S is the safest trim to order in terms of value/depreciation/performance.

The 4 is still a great car, especially with the now updated standard features. *for US

Last edited: