• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Oak Green is stunning!

We were invited to the dealership to do a turbo test drive and two things happened. Literally two blocks before we got there, we were stopped at a red light in our 2024 iX, got rear ended, then the vehicle drove away at over 100 MPH in such a way (crossing around the centerline behind a huge truck so we could not even ID the the vehicle nor its plate). We are totally fine; our iX will be fixed (its rear end damaged but fully driveable) but with the adrenaline flowing massively we decided this was not the time to test drive the Macan.

Positively when we arrived at the dealership were beyond floored with the Oak Green’s beauty, so took three pictures, sat inside it for a couple of minutes, then drove a mile away to the police station, met with an officer, filed a hit-n-report, and then called our insurance agent.

We will double back the 30 miles to the dealership and drive the Macan in a few days. Enough excitement for one day — though tonight we are going to start configuring Oak Green with the Truffle Brown interior (a previously not thought of option). It had the Limestone and black leather interior and that looked good too)

As said, “Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans…”

Macan EV Oak Green is stunning! First Macan EV impressions @ dealership IMG_6674

Macan EV Oak Green is stunning! First Macan EV impressions @ dealership IMG_6674

Macan EV Oak Green is stunning! First Macan EV impressions @ dealership IMG_6675

Macan EV Oak Green is stunning! First Macan EV impressions @ dealership IMG_6677

Initial impressions though all have been following here have read these before by others.

* Sitting position is low for an EV; feels good inside;

*Interior sitting space is nice and large in the front (but in perspective neither of us are large peeps);

*The 22” tires/wheels (and we like big ones) are really large; two bad we are not in love with any of the 21”’s;

* In this color combination, to us, the turbo side blades are a mismatch, a disruptor to the otherwise flowing front to back lines of the vehicles;

*The trunk cargo area, while it will work for us, is smaller than we would prefer; and,

*The paint, the interior craftsmanship, the overall quality and presentation was typically ”Porsche excellent.”

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Two more subjective assessments. As today was our first day to see it in person, based on past comparison pictures of the ICE Macan and the EV Macan, we expected the front to look smaller. Yes it is a little lower at the fascia-to-frunk horizontal hood line, but its width visually seems every bit as wide as an ICE. It does not appear a small vehicle overall. As we expected, we really liked its rear, tapering, “coupe” fly line.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Oak Green is stunning!

We were invited to the dealership to do a turbo test drive and two things happened. Literally two blocks before we got there, we were stopped at a red light in our 2024 iX, got rear ended, then the vehicle drove away at over 100 MPH in such a way (crossing around the centerline behind a huge truck so we could not even ID the the vehicle nor its plate). We are totally fine; our iX will be fixed (its rear end damaged but fully driveable) but with the adrenaline flowing massively we decided this was not the time to test drive the Macan.

Positively when we arrived at the dealership were beyond floored with the Oak Green’s beauty, so took three pictures, sat inside it for a couple of minutes, then drove a mile away to the police station, met with an officer, filed a hit-n-report, and then called our insurance agent.

We will double back the 30 miles to the dealership and drive the Macan in a few days. Enough excitement for one day — though tonight we are going to start configuring Oak Green with the Truffle Brown interior (a previously not thought of option). It had the Limestone and black leather interior and that looked good too)

As said, “Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans…”

IMG_6674.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

IMG_6675.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg
These are great photos. I really don’t understand why my wife won’t let me have two green cars.

PSPJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid, Model 3, EV Macan 4S on order
Country flag
TC: I'm glad you are OK! It looks like you are at Beaverton. Canyon Road is a crazy place for sure!

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Wow, it looks nicer in real life than in the configerator. It's my top pick for colour too.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Thank you. YEP. Had left 217 and heading south on Canyon Rd and got smashed.
I presume you didn't have dashcam, as you said the culprit sped off 🤔
Makes me think, I should get it in this Macan.

OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
The iX does not have a rear dashcam system (but there is one stock in the vehicle for front impacts that records for 15 seconds, and that file can be saved and exported). Definitely the wiring $140 wiring option for a front and rear one for the Macan is on my latest configuration list. Of course that amount is just for the pre-wiring.

I’ve driven close to 3,000,000 miles in my life and never been run into the rear before. My turn was definitely up.

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The iX does not have a rear dashcam system (but there is one stock in the vehicle for front impacts that records for 15 seconds, and that file can be saved and exported). Definitely the wiring $140 wiring option for a front and rear one for the Macan is on my latest configuration list. Of course that amount is just for the pre-wiring.

I’ve driven close to 3,000,000 miles in my life and never been run into the rear before. My turn was definitely up.
Dashcam pre-wiring option is the most misleading. My best information is the following: This just adds 2 fuses and no actual wires. This only supports Porsche OEM dashcam which is very bulky and not the best in features. The labor to wire is many hours and dealers are not good at it since you have to pull trim to run the wires. Please talk to your dealer about this, specifically, if they have done it before for any other customer, how long it took, how much it cost, to save $140, not much but it is basically a throw away, instead this can buy exterior color matching key side blades from Suncoast.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Don’t have same info on dashcam pre-wiring.
Actually, it adds the pre-wiring for front and back cameras.
Porsche dashcam is crap, but there are several ways to use the pre-wires to connect front and back market dashcams.
Impossible to be sure, but we will know in few days, hopefully!

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Dashcam pre-wiring option is the most misleading. My best information is the following: This just adds 2 fuses and no actual wires.
It does actually include wires. There's two 12V lines (one that's always on and one that's only on when the car is on) and a ground, going to both the front and the back of the car. I guess this is why the configurator says that you can only get the OEM rear camera if you get the prewiring - They probably consider it too much effort to install the wiring to the back if it's not preinstalled. There's also some sort of video cable that goes from the back to the front - I'd guess the OEM Porsche camera records both the front and rear video onto a single SD card located in the front camera.

The connector is proprietary so you'll need to get a wiring harness/adapter to use it with something else. You can connect the 12V directly to a camera that's designed to be prewired, otherwise you'll need a 12V to 5V converter to plug in a USB-powered camera (since USB is 5V).

This thread on another forum has some photos from a 2023 Macan: https://www.macanforum.com/threads/connecting-dash-cam-prewire-front-to-usb-powered-dash-cam.190829/ and there's also this one for a different model: https://www.992forum.com/threads/porsche-dash-cam-prewiring-hack.972/

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It does actually include wires. There's two 12V lines (one that's always on and one that's only on when the car is on) and a ground, going to both the front and the back of the car. I guess this is why the configurator says that you can only get the OEM rear camera if you get the prewiring - They probably consider it too much effort to install the wiring to the back if it's not preinstalled. There's also some sort of video cable that goes from the back to the front - I'd guess the OEM Porsche camera records both the front and rear video onto a single SD card located in the front camera.

The connector is proprietary so you'll need to get a wiring harness/adapter to use it with something else. You can connect the 12V directly to a camera that's designed to be prewired, otherwise you'll need a 12V to 5V converter to plug in a USB-powered camera (since USB is 5V).

This thread on another forum has some photos from a 2023 Macan: https://www.macanforum.com/threads/connecting-dash-cam-prewire-front-to-usb-powered-dash-cam.190829/ and there's also this one for a different model: https://www.992forum.com/threads/porsche-dash-cam-prewiring-hack.972/
Unfortunately, this is not has been the case for the Taycan. At first, I thought this would be plug and play as you describe at least for the front, but then my dealer attempted it for someone else before I even got my allocation, and they said this is not the case, so I removed it from my order.

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Unfortunately, this is not has been the case for the Taycan.
Hmmmm... Interesting. I guess we'll have to see how it goes for the Macan once people get theirs. I haven't even placed my order yet (want to test drive first) but I was hoping that it'd be like the older Macans.