• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PSZS3QQ8
Country flag
I just stopped by my dealer to finalize our 4S order before it locks this month. Here's what we ended up with

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSYSZY36

Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 2.38.14 PM.jpg

Some changes from the original plan.

The 'interior trim' in wood really didn't do it for us, so we switched to aluminum. This also caused us to change the door sills from black to regular aluminum. Interestingly, the 'illumination' option for the sills is currently 'Stopped' - for all types, so we skipped it.

We selected the default side blades, and black gloss window trim. The side blade texture does not show well in the configurator, but we like it.

Our sales associate convinced us that the acoustic glass has durability and cell-phone related problems, so we removed that (he didn't mention the delivery delays possible). The demo car we drove was plenty quiet without it.

We tried the massage 14 way seats in a demo car, and decided to go with that option vs the 18 way sport seats.

Upgraded to the GT wheel in leather too, hey, it's a Porsche!

Our car is due to lock in mid-end October, get built November 15-20, and ship out for delivery in mid January.

We're on our third Ambassador in 12 months, and this one is certainly more on the ball than the previous 2 about getting this locked in and providing advice on what to get and what to skip, and detailing exactly what's going to happen and when. Our current build saves $1000 over the original one we created too
Looks great. I had not heard of the constraint on the sill and I have it on my build. I will have to inquire. It is odd that some people are notified and others not. I did my final build today for a freeze date of Oct 13 and delivery Dec 17th. I am not expecting the dates will hold so that way I won't be disappointed. Also a 4S. It's funny looking back this looks nothing like my very first build months ago. I had a 4 and they let me switch with the S cam out. I went to see a Slate Grey Neo 911 that had just arrived and changed from the Ice Grey. Color is tough. Lots of good combinations. Thanks to everyone on this forum that helped inform my decision
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSZS3QQ8